Homeschooling Moms

krysxo
Homeschooling kids with a toddler- Idea advice/tips?
by krysxo
May 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Hi :) Sorry me again, Haha.

So Ive got my FL laws down, and what curiculum down. But my next hurdle is thinking how to entertain and make it so my 2 year old terror doesnt make it impossible.

What do you do? Or any tips/advice for me? Thanks :)

You ladies have helped so much =)

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    May 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I had a box full of "learning activities" that I let my DD who was 4 use when her sister was learning.  I only let the "blue box" come out during school lessons and it was put away at the end of the day.

You can also print out letters of the week and work with your 2 yo on those while your older child is learning. 

BTW where are you in FL....I am in the Orlando area.

• krysxo
    by krysxo
    May 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'm in Tampa Bay :)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

well ive always included the younger kids in what we were studying doing, but there was times when i needed the younger kids to play quietly, so i would find a shoe box or some small box and put lots of fun stuff in it, and tape it up really good, and let the little one try to open it, by the time the younger one had it open i was done with what i needed to do.

also waiting till younger one is at nap

i also trained my  younger kids(took some time) when they needed to be quiet and play by them selves

also if you need to teach one of the older chilren something have one of the other kids play or read to the younger ones, and give them prizes if they listen etc.

otherwise i always had the younger kids working right along with the older ones, i made them little workbooks for each of them that they would do while the older kids did there work

having a chalk or while board can entertain kids for a few min. also

Homeschooling Moms