Homeschooling Moms

tiredmomfor2
Excited for a break!
May 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I never thought I would be this excited for a break coming up.
I'm going through the school box and areas today. Going to put away what we don't need for the summer, and pull out the super fun stuff. ;)
DS is on a mission to finish his math this week instead of next. DD has already finished this year, and started next years. I don't really keep track of 'this year/next year', but that is the best way to describe it.
needless to say...we are all just ready for a nice little break. :)
we will be back to work sometime in later June/July..but only the basics. I'm taking the summer to plan out the next 6-12 months in the other stuff. :)
woohoo for Summer!
Oh and also wanted to say THANKS to everyone for the kind words and encouragement the other day.
the stress of everything had gotten to me..and it all piled up and came out as school stress. Does that make sense? Either way..it is all better now, and I am ready for us to take a break and chill out withOut school for a few weeks..:)

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM

yea!!! let the fun begin!!!!

• coala
    by coala
    May 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I can't wait.  I have mine finishe up 06/28 (ODD) and the week of 07/23 (YDD).  I can't wait for it to be over.  We will have a LONG break until the next school year....roughly 6 mos.  We are going to try the January start date for both kids.  I like the idea of a long break around the holidays.  We will do "fun" stuff starting in September and go until Thanksgiving.  I may throw in a few more fun things after that to fill our days until Christmas.  We will see how it pans out.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with some down time to revitalize your life!

• Knightquester
    May 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM

We're on down time currently too.  It feels nice to step back and do something else.  We finished up around the 10th and will start up summer work in a few weeks, but I wanted us to take a mental break before delving into anything else.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Woot!!

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I plan to take a break after our assessments Thursday and begin after the fourth of July with Math since it looks like it will take a while. That will also give Cole time to adjust to having an eye patch on since he is going to get it Friday.

• lil_mama06
    May 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

HUGS HUGS HUGS..I agree with school stress..Glad your feeling better..I have decided to put the girls on a year round school schedule..Have a couple week break every so often. I'm planning our 1st break the beginning of June., and I'll also be putting stuff together..I know I get tired of homeschooling at times (doesn't last long) so will see how this goes..Take care.. 

• tiredmomfor2
    May 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I consider us year round schoolers as well. :) I say we are taking off until the end of June, but it really means we are off until the kids start getting growly. Lol they do really well with the structure of school in the morning.
    to be honest...I think the break is more for me. Haha ;)

Quoting lil_mama06:

HUGS HUGS HUGS..I agree with school stress..Glad your feeling better..I have decided to put the girls on a year round school schedule..Have a couple week break every so often. I'm planning our 1st break the beginning of June., and I'll also be putting stuff together..I know I get tired of homeschooling at times (doesn't last long) so will see how this goes..Take care.. 

• tiredmomfor2
    May 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    I really like the idea of the school year starting in January..have even been kicking it around. Just not sure how to make the switch. Enjoy your break!

Quoting coala:

I can't wait.  I have mine finishe up 06/28 (ODD) and the week of 07/23 (YDD).  I can't wait for it to be over.  We will have a LONG break until the next school year....roughly 6 mos.  We are going to try the January start date for both kids.  I like the idea of a long break around the holidays.  We will do "fun" stuff starting in September and go until Thanksgiving.  I may throw in a few more fun things after that to fill our days until Christmas.  We will see how it pans out.

• HopeJoyPeace1
    May 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Well honestly.. I am with you!

I am so tired..

NOT KIDDING..

Really thinking of throwing in the towel and starting fresh in August!

Homeschooling Moms