Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Remy11
18 month old activities
by Remy11
May 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Hi all.. Can anybody suggest some "educational" activities for my 1& month old DS? We are just looking to change things up a bit. And before you ask I feel at this age play and socialization etc.. Is what they should be focusing on and not typical "school" but he loves things with a purpose like organizing his blocks into colors or size etc.. So j want more fun things that also have a learning element. I hope this is making sense! TIA!

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    Spray shaving cream on his high chair tray and let him doodle. It is beginning writing. Use whip cream for even more fun.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    Use his snacks to learn colors. Have each day be one color. On Monday have vanilla wafers, bananas, yellow pepper and milk colored yellow or lemonade. Tuesday do apples, red m&ms, etc...
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    You can practice making patterns with his blocks, plastic animals, or snacks. That is basic math like in preschool. He may not get more than the ababab patter right now but it is great for critical thinking.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Lay colored paper on the floor and give him a fly swatter. Call out colors and have him smack them. Babies love that. You can use pictures of animals, Letts, or numbers. Anything you want. 8)
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Mem has some great ideas.

Have him help you sort socks & then make a game out of tossing them in a basket (he will learn matching & coordination, colors, size, etc.)

Make homemade playdoh & mold letters, numbers, shapes, use cookie cutters to make other things.

• Remy11
    by Remy11
    May 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    Thanks everyone!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email