Homeschooling Moms

BramblePatch
I think I figured summer out!!!!
May 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
We decided to use FIAR this summer :-) The kids will be 5 and 6 soon and I want them to have a light summer, especially with my hip replacement in July. DS will continue to read, read, read and to review math facts 1-10 (addition and subtraction) and DD will stick with Phonics Museum and both will do Song School Latin (they LOVE it). I will lay out several weeks for my parents, probably 4, and I think it will work :-)

Replies

• jeweldragons
    May 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM

What is FIAR?  Sounds good 

• tuffymama
    May 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    Yay! I love it when a plan clicks into place; it takes away so much worry and work.
  • BramblePatch
    May 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    Five in a Row. Its literature based unit studies that cover science, social studies, geography, art, and a bit of math and language arts. I bought the bible supplement, so we will cover bible, too :-)

Quoting jeweldragons:

• jeweldragons
    May 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting BramblePatch:

Five in a Row. Its literature based unit studies that cover science, social studies, geography, art, and a bit of math and language arts. I bought the bible supplement, so we will cover bible, too :-)

Quoting jeweldragons:

Oh Okay. Sounds cool. Light summer work with breaks sounds good.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM

fantastic , you've got it all figured out!!!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM

That's great that you have a plan.

• celticdragon77
    May 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

My kids loved FIAR when they were younger. I think that is an excellent summer choice. Keeps them reading and doing some fun activities through the summer. I can't remember the sites anymore, but there are some great resources to go along with FIAR, for free, online. A lot of Lapbooking ideas, printables, etc. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I've heard good things about FIAR!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    There are a ton of cool things on Pinterest to go with fiar!
  • Deanna155
    May 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Sounds good!

Homeschooling Moms