Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
debramommyof4
The Girls tests from CAVA
May 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM
My girls just finished their tests which are just basic from the teacher to prove they know what they are suppose to by the end of the year, they are in first and k this year.

My first grader is reading at a fourth or fifth grade level. She needs to work on telling time and money but doing beginning 3rd grade work in math.

My kinder is advanced but the teacher did not have as much time to talk to me about her test but did say she had problems with sylables and knowing the name of an exclamation point but knew the what it was used for and how to use it. She had no issues in math at all. I will be talking to the teacher through email to get a more precise point with her.

Replies

• romacox
    by romacox
    May 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Awesome!  high five

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Great job to you and them!!

• debramommyof4
    May 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Thanks I will tell them.  Now I just need to figure out if my plan needs to change for next year. 

They will use Khan Academy and Complete Curriculum workbooks (3rd and 1st grade) for math.

For grammer they will use the Complete Curriculum workbooks and education.com worksheets.

Lit- my 7 year old will be studying The Phantom Tollbooth, The Chronicles of Narnia (the complete series), Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Little House on the Prairie Series, and George Washington's Socks.  We will do lapbooks for each book.

My 6 year old will be working on 100 Classic Stories book from Barnes and Noble.  She will also be doing Lapbooks.

For history we will be using The Magic Tree House series and they will be making foods from the countries and time period.  They will also be making a project of thier choosing to show how people lived or something that they found extremely interesting.

Science will be mainly project based.  We will be studying using the Magic School Bus DVD videos.  They will be doing research at the library, lots of experiments and hands on activities. They will each have a science journal.

Quoting mem82:

• celticdragon77
    May 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I'm confused. Do they use k12 at the chart school, or do you get to pick your own? Or are you saying you are leaving charter school? 

Quoting debramommyof4:

Thanks I will tell them.  Now I just need to figure out if my plan needs to change for next year. 

They will use Khan Academy and Complete Curriculum workbooks (3rd and 1st grade) for math.

For grammer they will use the Complete Curriculum workbooks and education.com worksheets.

Lit- my 7 year old will be studying The Phantom Tollbooth, The Chronicles of Narnia (the complete series), Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Little House on the Prairie Series, and George Washington's Socks.  We will do lapbooks for each book.

My 6 year old will be working on 100 Classic Stories book from Barnes and Noble.  She will also be doing Lapbooks.

For history we will be using The Magic Tree House series and they will be making foods from the countries and time period.  They will also be making a project of thier choosing to show how people lived or something that they found extremely interesting.

Science will be mainly project based.  We will be studying using the Magic School Bus DVD videos.  They will be doing research at the library, lots of experiments and hands on activities. They will each have a science journal.

Quoting mem82:

• debramommyof4
    May 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    We used CAVA this year which is k12's main charter in California. Next year we will 99.9% be living with my in laws. So I plan to home school them completely own my own.

Quoting celticdragon77:

I'm confused. Do they use k12 at the chart school, or do you get to pick your own? Or are you saying you are leaving charter school? 

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting mem82:

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

good!!!!! job debra!!!

• debramommyof4
    May 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thank you.

Quoting oredeb:

good!!!!! job debra!!!

Homeschooling Moms