Homeschooling Moms

mem82
What are your plans for this week? Anything fun?
by mem82
May 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM

What's going on in your household?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    Sounds fun!

Quoting 101stwife:

We are going to have a science week and do science experiements! Since we are also in SoCal it was 95 degrees here today...it was sooo hot and looks like it will be that way all week. So, daily trips to the pool are in order!

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Good luck on the tests!

Quoting debramommyof4:

Tomorrow we are finishing our Mothers Day projects, the 2 older girls have thier CAVA end of the year tests and at 4 we will be reading to dogs at the library.

The rest of the week the two older girls will be working on catching up with CAVA work, I have not got to planning the rest of the week, but after school time we will be packing and cleaning some more.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    May 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It is a few.  :-)

Quoting mem82:

That's a lot of chickens!

Quoting jen2150:

Today we are finsihing up cleaning our house.   I also wanting to work on my creative math class I am teaching next year at co-op.   I am also registering for classes for next year.

Tuesday is our last day of co-op  but will be a fun day.  

Wednesday I am picking up an order of 150 chickens and finish registering for classes.

Thursday my son is taking his last class until fall at the local campground.  

We are taking a break from school right now because we are getting ready for summer.  It is a lot of work getting ready for everything.  I am hoping to start ordering chicks very soon.

• debramommyof4
    May 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks.  The girls are in first and k and seem to fly through the work at home so I am sure they will not have to much of a problem, but it will be a good reference for me to know what I need to do next year and if we are on the right track for them since we will be going it alone next year.

Quoting mem82:

Good luck on the tests!

Quoting debramommyof4:

Tomorrow we are finishing our Mothers Day projects, the 2 older girls have thier CAVA end of the year tests and at 4 we will be reading to dogs at the library.

The rest of the week the two older girls will be working on catching up with CAVA work, I have not got to planning the rest of the week, but after school time we will be packing and cleaning some more.

• Pukalani79
    May 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Tomorrow my girls are going to an hour long ballroom dancing workshop at our local theater.  The theater is doing a program called "Dancing with Your Stars" this weekend with a professional dance group and some of our local business and civic leaders.  The dance group offered free workshops for the area schools, and as homeschoolers we are able to join one of the groups at the theater.  My girls are over the moon excited. :)

Then Wednesay they are doing a field trip at one of the local dog training/boarding/grooming facilities.

• Walnutgrovefarm
    May 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Finishing up math and history lessons to take a two week break for my dd graduation party. It's so nice outside it's hard to stay inside. Probably plant flowers this week for science.

• coala
    by coala
    May 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Nothing super exciting.  We will get the usual cleaning done, I will do laundry, work, and a few shopping trips for things we need.  My boss will be coming by the house to have my SO (our tech dept) build a new computer for her FIL.

• lil_mama06
    May 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

We're learning about horses. So I will ask my nephew's girlfriend if she can take the girls next time she works out her horse.. 

• bether89
    May 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

We are working on finishing up our last few lessons in English and writing an essay on China.  Ds1 is almost finished with the Alabama state lapbook.  For science, both boys are doing bubble science.

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Yesterday we went as a family on a homeschool group fieldtrip to Fort Uncompahgre in nearby Delta, CO.  It is a "living history" fur trapping/trading post community.  We just studied this time period during history co-op last year so it was fun for my boys (and my husband & myself) to see and hear how some of the people lived at that time.  We also have a park date with some of the co-op kids because we are out of co-op until September.

Homeschooling Moms