Homeschooling Moms

QueenCreole313
Do you ever feel like you are not doing enough?
May 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe not. Am I alone? How do you know when you have done "enough"?

Replies

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    May 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I feel like this alot so you are not alone. I try to plan things out but am bad at planning; I try to keep track at least on a weekly basis of what we covered and then sometimes that helps because it adds up over time even if, on a daily basis, doesn't feel like we covered a lot.

• RockEducation
    May 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM

That is totally normal. I administer a test at home to see if there are any areas that need worked on. I know that I've done my job after I get the results from DD's annual testing. Just think about the public school and you'll feel better instantly.

• chotovec82
    May 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    I believe my son is doing fine but I am a little apprehensive about the things we have covered. I didn't put much emphasis on writing so now I am concerned that I have messed him up for life. He is a first grader and he write all his letters and numbers. He knows how to spell and he is getting much better with the spacing of letters and words so I didn't really spend a lot of time thinking about it. We now I am worried that I did too little with him when it comes to writing. I guess it'll be what it'll be tho. I'll try to step it up next year. I am also a little concerned about his reading level. When I took him out of public school he was already behind in reading. I think I am doing a good job trying to catch him up but he hasn't been caught up completely. We are just gonna keep schooling over the summer and try to get everything up to speed.
  • DG123
    by DG123
    May 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I always feel like I'm not doing enough.  However, my child (who has LD) has advanced THREE grade levels in math and 1-2 in LA and reading per the standardized test we took recently. This is our first year homeschooling.  I'm excited about the future!

• JocelynsMama1
    May 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I plan my units based on my states standards and i dont move on till weve mastered a concept so I'm pretty confident with everything

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That's great!

Quoting DG123:

I always feel like I'm not doing enough.  However, my child (who has LD) has advanced THREE grade levels in math and 1-2 in LA and reading per the standardized test we took recently. This is our first year homeschooling.  I'm excited about the future!

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I think I am always worried I missed **something** LOL If I think we slacked off in spelling, I work hard on that and then feel like I should be doing more Science. I do more of that and then feel like I need more Art. On and on and on and on...

• AJ-47
    by AJ-47
    May 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    I did at first, but once I realized how far ahead my Son is and how well He grasps everything, that went away. I think that's normal for anyone to feel sometimes.
  • tuffymama
    May 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    Quoting DG123:

This is why I take "LD" to mean "Learns Differently." Way to go!
  • blueyedbaker
    May 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I am always thinking about that. Sometimes it seems that they can't remember anything. But then they surprise me and tell their father something I taught them and I didn't think they remembered it. They are learning and maybe at that moment it doesn't seem like they "get it" but they do, it just has to sink in and it comes out at times when you don't expect.

Homeschooling Moms