mem82
TGIF How was your week?
by mem82
May 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM

????

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    May 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Everything was great except Xavier's spelling.  When he took his test today, I said the first 6 words and he missed 3 of them which put him at 80%.  So I stopped the test and we'll do at least another day next week before we try again.  Grrr!  I thought he had them!

Other than that math went very well!  They are loving Math U See and Life of Fred.  They passed their grammar and punctuation tests.  Zave wrote up his Science work without complaint.  It was a good week!

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Sounds like a very successful week.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Everything was great except Xavier's spelling.  When he took his test today, I said the first 6 words and he missed 3 of them which put him at 80%.  So I stopped the test and we'll do at least another day next week before we try again.  Grrr!  I thought he had them!

Other than that math went very well!  They are loving Math U See and Life of Fred.  They passed their grammar and punctuation tests.  Zave wrote up his Science work without complaint.  It was a good week!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM

It was an OK week, nothing tragic happened so that is always a good thing!

• KrissyKC
    May 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM

For homeschooling?   All we are working on basically are extra curricular stuff, and even that is going poorly here at the end of the year.

As far as parenting in general?  It just all around stinks right now. 

However, the tax money finally came and I'm just on cloud nine.   I have always only been able to buy one or two items we desperately needed before... However, thanks to DH's job this year and his extra effort at budgeting and paying down/off bills from previous stuff...   He gave me control of the taxes this year to do kids stuff, house stuff, and anything else I wanted.

So far, I got my first ever living room set (always bought what was necessary only as cheap as possible used)..I even bought throw pillows, an area rug, an entrance rug/mat, my first ever fabric table cloth...  I was even able to splurge on a beautiful matching picture/wall art to accent the room.   I also ordered $400 worth of freezer food.   I also hit the big thrift stores and loaded the kids up for the summer.   I bought some things they need for camp, paid for one kids' retreat fees.   Bought myself two shirts.   I owe $500 for the two kids' kids camp fees, I need to stock up the pantry.   

I'll still have enough for a small family vacation and a small savings.

I know money isn't supposed to buy happiness, and we should avoid loving money itself because of all the stuff that surrounds it.   But I can't help but really enjoy being able to buy stuff we've forever been saying, "I could really use..." or  "Wouldn't it be nice to have..."  

• chotovec82
    May 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    My week was much much easier. I have finally found a way to make things go easier for us. He is doing awesome in math and reading seems to be much easier as well. He is doing so awesome! Letting him play all day and then schooling at night is the best way to go for him. No more grumbling, no more whining, no more being a pain in the butt. I hope that I can find a way to make it go smooth next year also.
  • Joann.HS
    May 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    An all around great week.

Thankful for my blessings.
  • SuperMommy408
    May 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    Our week went good. We meet with our homeschool group 2 times during the week. I love socializing with other homeschooling moms, so that I can get a few pointers and the kids are doing awesome with making friends. I forgot to mention, that we went to a live ballet performance of Beauty and the beast with our homeschool group. The girls really enjoyed it!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts