Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
Are your kids easily distracted?
May 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Are your kids easily distracted by what is going on around them when they are working?

Replies

• Maridel
    by Maridel
    May 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    Yes!!!
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    May 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    Yes!
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ

Only if what they are working on is NOT something that they have a vested interest in, other wise nothing distracts them from their work. We unschool by the way & I don't make them do any work that they have no interest in!

• No_Difference

Yes. Heaven forbid I work with my little guy the same time my oldest is working. She's too engrossed on learning her ABCs again instead of her math or science (her two favorite subjects even)... Drives me insane!!

• bluerooffarm
    May 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Sometimes.  Now that we are using Math U See, we are spelling on the sidewalk, and reading "real books" instead of the phonics readers....they are much more focused! 

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Yup, it happens.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM

The kids just have days where they can.not.focus!

• celticdragon77
    May 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I don't homeschool yet, so I cant answer this question. However, I can answer in regards to other things in their lives. My kids are fairly decent at not being distracted - though this is less so if the task at hand is out of duty or isn't delightful / interesting to them. That is just the way of things. I would imagine that takes some training of that skill a little bit by bit.  

• QueenCreole313
    May 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    Yep!
  • energygirl
    May 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM

they say that kids have an attention span of 20 min (so why public schools make longer days ...cut out recesses and cut back on PE is beyond me)......my daughter is most distracted if we do too much at one time at the table (instead of moving around some)......or if we start later in the morning than usual...she is not as focused as when we start right after breakfast

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN