Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
JocelynsMama1
where to find used school items
May 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I need to find some school items not curriculum just classroom stuff in general....where can I look any ideas? anyone here have anything they want to sell? early elementary school

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

craigslist and garage sales 8)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

also at school sales, call the schools and see if they are having any sales

advertise in the paper or on craigs list, ask at homeschoool groups

do you have any liquidation stores sometimes they ahve lots of school stuff

do you have an ikea? they use to have chairs and desks

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

The Dollar Tree has all kinds of classroom decorations, posters, maps & other stuff!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Goodwill & the Salvation army might have furniture stuff if you need that kind of stuff.

• KrissyKC
    May 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Dollar tree around us has a huge selection of banners, borders, cut outs, stickers, scissors, etc.. as well as educational books for the younger grades, (flash cards, etc)

The teacher suppy stores sometimes have a bin of things between 30-75% off.

There is a huge Christian book and gift store in parts of Missouri called Mardels, and once a year (I think august or july?) they have a gigantic sale for their homeschool stuff.  I've gotten stuff that was 90% off in there and paid pennies to dollars for things.

• JocelynsMama1
    May 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I've already bought all the posters and workbooks as well as other science and craft stuff that is geared for her level from the dollar store....but i still chek back every time I come in

Quoting usmom3:

The Dollar Tree has all kinds of classroom decorations, posters, maps & other stuff!

• KickButtMama
    May 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I concur w/ Craig's list, but also Amazon has great used stuff and I often ask our local online groups.

• JocelynsMama1
    May 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

on craigslist i looked in kids and games what other sections can i look in? and i asked on facebook in my groups but didnt get a response :(

Quoting KickButtMama:

I concur w/ Craig's list, but also Amazon has great used stuff and I often ask our local online groups.

• KrissyKC
    May 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM

oh, and I've ebayed a complete Rod & Staff english set for like $7.00 plus $4.00 shipping.   It was in good condition, the binding on the one book was getting loose from being used so much, but none of the pages were falling out and there was almost no marks in it.   It's normally like $55.00 for the set plus shipping.  

I also found things on Amazon.   However, amazon is tough to try to buy a bunch of stuff because you end up paying a ton of shipping fees because the stuff comes from a variety of sellers.   I can sometimes find a few pieces from the same seller and shipping can be combined then.

• KrissyKC
    May 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

The "Books" section... it's under the for sale stuff 6th one down.   I usually search homeschool or curriculum or Xth grade...

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

on craigslist i looked in kids and games what other sections can i look in? and i asked on facebook in my groups but didnt get a response :(

Quoting KickButtMama:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts