Homeschooling Moms

Pukalani79
Structured curriculum suggestions *Edit*
May 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

For my older two I like Oak Meadow.  It's not very rigid structure wise  and does a lot of hands on learning.  For my younger one, I need something more structured.  She has some learning delays and I think structure would be more suited to her style of learning. 

I'm familiar with Calvert and for now, that's where I'm learning - mainly because I dont know anything else.  Anyone have any suggestions? It needs to be a secular curriculum, boxed preferably.

*Thinking about it, it doesn't have to be boxed.  The charter school my kids are a part of pays for all of their curriculum.  I can choose whatever I want, but it needs to be secular because the school is part of our county school district.

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    I don't know of many boxed curriculum that are secular, maybe someone else can chime in. We used Saxon or horizons for math, all about spelling for spelling/language arts, story of the world for history, r.e.a.l science odyssey for science.
  • Kat0038
    by Kat0038
    May 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I personally don't know of any. But many people have put together their own. I have just received a critical thinking catalog that appears to be secular. 

• No_Difference
    May 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I've yet to find a full boxed secular curriculum. I've had to mix and match. We use Math U See, Real Science 4 Kids, All About Spelling, and a mix of Story of the World and History odyssey for history.  We're considering between different programs for next year for Lit, Writing, and Grammar. Memoria Press, Mosdos for lit; Writing With Ease or Essentials in Writing for writing; and First Language Lessons or Winston Grammar for grammar. I think I was going to look over Write Shop again too... (my notes are chicken scratch on scrap paper lol). We're also using Handwriting Without Tears next year.  I've combed through everything to make sure I wasn't going to get a religious based curriculum.... For me, I don't care if it comes from a Christian publishing company, I just don't want it tacking on a relgion lesson...

Homeschooling Moms