Homeschooling Moms

luvcats406
I cannot wait.....
May 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Until this school year is over.  Then I will not have to send my  1st grade ds to school.  He has till June 21.  I just found out today(after the fact) that he was sitting by himself crying at gym because he hates gymnastics.  His school does gymnastics for gym sometimes.  The teachers did not know why he was crying.  He would not tell them.  I feel so bad for him.  I wish the school would have told me.  This happened on Friday.  The only reason I found out was because I told the teacher today that he hates gymnastics.  Gosh that makes me so mad.   I know they cannot tell me everything but to me crying is important. Of course that is not the only reason I am homeschooling.  

Replies

• NYCitymomx3
    May 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I wouldn't even wait til the end of the year.  My kid would be out NOW.  

• angelamiles05
    May 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Wow... I am starting HS next year to and waiting sucks! My LO's last day is May 31. June 21 is a while away, I feel for you! I would stick it out until the end of the year to though. Let them know that crying is zero tolerance in your book and you want to be notified immediately if this happens again. Good luck!

• Pukalani79
    May 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'm sorry.  Like NYCitymom said, why wait? I pulled my daughter out this time last year.  She had less than a month to go, and I got a lot of grief about but it was not worth putting her through that.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 7, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    When I decided to homeschool my oldest son, I originally was going to wait until the end of the school year but things where getting worse for my son, so I pulled him right after spring break.
  • luvcats406
    May 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    • Yeah I have thought about pulling him out but he has an iep.  After this year he does not need it.  They told me he is doing good.
  • TJandKarasMom
    May 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    I can't wait either. I'm not sure how it will work financially for us, but where there's a will there's a way.

I would let him finish out the year, just because I feel like kids need closure. My DD wanted me to pull her a while ago, she keeps asking, but I want her to finish the school year. DS isn't even positive about leaving school so I won't pull him until the end of the year. Our year goes until June 28th :/. I also think it will be easier to just start fresh, I don't want to have to figure out evaluations and a portfolio for two months of school, and I want them to deschool for a bit before we jump in.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    I was in the same situation where they would send my daughter out in the hall for the entire class period because they didn't have time to deal with her or find out why she was crying. If I could give advice, it would be to pull them now. We didn't, and I wish we would have. That was kindergarten and we just finished up second grade. So glad we came home :)
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting luvcats406:

• Yeah I have thought about pulling him out but he has an iep.  After this year he does not need it.  They told me he is doing good.

My son had an IEP too! I still pulled him That IEP did nothing to help him it just gave the teacher an out when it came to teaching him!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts