Homeschooling Moms

grtshell
HELP
May 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I am desperatly trying to find an 8th grade ciriculum that is used. The ones at the store are so much, and I have the other expenses of outside activities. I am looking at finding a group, but in the mean time pe, music, spanish. Money money money. I am really trying to find a used rosetta stone,I want him to have spanish, german and french. But in the mean time I really need an 8th grade. Does anyone have one? Money is tight I broke my back L3-L5. I can still walk thank God but I have had 156 procedures on my back to keep walking. Can anyone help with 8th grade and rosetta stone, I will give it all back if you want. Thanks.

Replies

• HopeJoyPeace1
    May 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

http://allinonehomeschool.com/

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE..

http://www.oldfashionededucation.com/index.html

AND ANOTHER:

http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/

That being said.. I suggest the first one.. It is called Easy Peasy AND IT TRUELY IS!

This curriculum is not only free.. It is all done online.. Very little paper type work.. 

• grtshell
    May 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    Thank you so much!
  • Maridel
    by Maridel
    May 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    I'm only teaching 1st and prek but i can tell you rosetta stone is not legally sold used
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Check craigslist.

• grtshell
    May 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    I did not know that about rosetta stone, maybe I can find someone here in GA to borrow it from. Thank you all so much for the advise. My mom is a homeschool teacher at a private homeschool acadmy but she is not my biggest fan or even my tiny fan lol so I can't go to her for advice. So thank y'all so much. :)
  • HopeJoyPeace1
    May 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Maridel:

I'm only teaching 1st and prek but i can tell you rosetta stone is not legally sold used

The word here is the key.. None of the sites I posted SELL anything.. 

And as with all programs there is a time limit where they are copyrightable After that.. It becomes PUBLIC DOMAIN..

Ex Microsoft has a copyright on their products.. However 2002 microsoft is now public domain and if you find places online.. You can download it freely! Microsoft knows about it.. But what can they do? Aside from asking people to take it down.. They make a product with better stuff in the hopes people will buy the newer stuff.. kwim?

But Copyright laws are traditionally between 7-14 YEARS depending on the product.. 

• AutymsMommy
    May 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Duolingo is FREE... and better than Rosetta Stone, in my opinion. Check it out!

For math, is he doing pre-algebra or algebra? College of the Redwoods Pre Algebra is FREE as a PDF.

Check Abe Books for the following history and science: K12's Human Odyssey (first part of world history) or volumes 2 and 3 for the later parts of world history; Hewitt's Conceptual Physics and Conceptual Chemistry. You can often find these for just a few dollars and shipping.

On that note, I may have some things for you later this summer. Let me check a few things.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    May 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    Khanacademy.org is free as well.
  • HopeJoyPeace1
    May 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Khanacademy.org is free as well.

My son has been using Khanacadamy now for a little over a week.. and the tears and hair pulling have stopped :)

Homeschooling Moms