Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
If someone walked into your house, would they know you HomeSchool?
by mem82
May 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
?

Replies

• ilovemy3boys
    May 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Probably. we have 3 book shelfs with home school items. and my dining table during the day is the school area.

• MrsImperfect
    May 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    I online school so yes. Computer area and text books notebooks and schedules all over the place.
  • WantedNameTaken
    May 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Our school area is in the basement, so unless visitors go down there, they probably wouldn't know.  We've had service people come to the house during the day and head downstairs, so they saw the kids working.  Also, if the kids are upstairs in the living room or family room working on a book assignment, I guess someone could assume that we homeschool.

• ballerina.2006
    May 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    Maybe. I try and keep everything in its bin, bucket, or on a shelf but currently things are all over.
  • kckmom3
    by kckmom3
    May 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    Yes.... I have 2 small desks in the living room and I keep our work buckets on the kitchen counter.
  • celticdragon77
    May 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Yes, they would see kids at home during the day doing educational work. Other than that, no. 

I am excited about a space that we are renovating into an art room / homeschool storage room. However, it is not a room that anyone would normally access when visiting (even though it's on the first floor), and even if someone did see it, they wouldn't think "homeschool". 

• CatFishMom
    May 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Maybe. I have an area off my living room (it's just one big room, really) that is set up with two desks, a little school desk my mother refurbished, and a tiny table with benches, plus my china hutch filled with our HS stuff, though you cant see the stuff inside unless you walk up to it. They might guess homeschooling, they might guess just young kids with an art area.

• KickButtMama
    May 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Probably not, they'd just think we were auditioning for the show Hoarders.

• Walnutgrovefarm
    May 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Probably if they went downstairs where we school. We usually leave things out during the day. I put things up where visitors won't be able to see the actual work. I like privacy.

• KickButtMama
    May 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

We have a room like that! I guess in other people's homes it might be referred to as a 'dining room'...lol...but we have our meal table in our kitchen and the homeschool room it outfitted with the bookshelves, futon, etc. 

Quoting celticdragon77:

Yes, they would see kids at home during the day doing educational work. Other than that, no. 

I am excited about a space that we are renovating into an art room / homeschool storage room. However, it is not a room that anyone would normally access when visiting (even though it's on the first floor), and even if someone did see it, they wouldn't think "homeschool". 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts