Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
How many trips do you take a year?
May 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

On average, how many field trips and outings do you take a year?

Are they always built around a 'classroom' lesson or are they more for real world lessons?

I'm still tyring to figure things out.

Replies

• NYCitymomx3
    May 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We do more than 20.  Here in NYC it's so easy.  Most of our trips include classes, some don't.  Check out some of our trips HERE.   

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    May 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Last year we belonged to a co-op that did a field trip every month, mostly educational but also fun (insectary, firestation, bakery, etc;) On average, once a week we'll go someplace different, fun, a museum or something or even just a different hiking trail and it is our field trip.  I'm not that organized to plan something around a lesson so most of ours are life lessons!

• melindabelcher
    Mel
    May 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    The plan was 1 a week.
    Life happened and we've only been on a handful
  • JocelynsMama1
    May 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

we are starting official school in August and we do story time at the library once a week, and then of course normal things like the park and open gym....but what i consider te real field trips we will do on average one a month...and they will be educational but not necesssarily based on a specific lesson....i plan on the zoo, apple orchard, pumpkin patch, childrens museum, aquarium, and who knows what else LOL

• No_Difference
    May 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

we do  TONS, but most of our "field trips" happen in the summer and fall. We go to national parks a lot, and if we're here another year, I'm going to put my big girl panties on and make sure we get out to DC while we still can and hit up the Smithsonians more. (I hate going with just me and the kids..I'd prefer hubby went too, but I think we can manage...maybe...hopefully...)

• KickButtMama
    May 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM

We do very few.. I have a vascular disease and have great difficulty walking. So we keep it to one trip per quarter, all educational based.

• mom2Bellarose
    May 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM

This is what we do also :)

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

we are starting official school in August and we do story time at the library once a week, and then of course normal things like the park and open gym....but what i consider te real field trips we will do on average one a month...and they will be educational but not necesssarily based on a specific lesson....i plan on the zoo, apple orchard, pumpkin patch, childrens museum, aquarium, and who knows what else LOL

• TroyboysMom
    May 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM

We maybe do 2 or 3 a month? They are hybrid lessons - things he's expressed interest in, or things that relate to life. Things we learn about, or things that we will be seeing.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    May 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    We do a lot of field trips. I would say least 30 per year. Some are spontaneous and go along with what we are studying.
  • FootballFan12
    May 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks so much for all your responses. Like I said, we are still trying to figure things out. This will be our first year.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN