Homeschooling Moms

JoeMax
looking for ideas
by JoeMax
May 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
What kind of school activities do you do on days when your kids are sick enough to need rest a good part of the day, but not sick enough to veg all day? My boys are both in that inbetween stage of feeling better and still not being well. I have managed to squeeze in at least halfoftheir lessons this week, but I want to give them a bit of a break today without watching Tv all day.

Replies

• JoeMax
    by JoeMax
    May 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    Bump!
  • debramommyof4
    May 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I give my kids books to read, even the ones who cant read. 

• JoeMax
    by JoeMax
    May 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    We have been doing a lot of reading, it's great, but I think they will be bored with it soon.

Quoting debramommyof4:

• debramommyof4
    May 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Do you have easy work they can do?  Something like fun worksheets we might have done when we were kids in public school.  Or they could just color.

Quoting JoeMax:

We have been doing a lot of reading, it's great, but I think they will be bored with it soon.

Quoting debramommyof4:

• Knightquester
    May 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

They usually prefer to do something simple like math or grammar worksheets in bed.  If they are more sick than well I just ask that they read, or they can sit up and watch something that is somewhat educational, like a documentary, or a movie based on a true story.  You could give them worksheets on things they've already done, and call it a review period until they are well.

• coala
    by coala
    May 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I tend to do books and let them watch educational stuff on netflix.  I will also let them squeeze in a few shows that they really enjoy as well.

• KrissyKC
    May 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Games, books, documentaries, drawing, art, science project, playdoh, lego building, (if older, direct the lego building to see who can build the strongest bridge or something.)   Magnets, etc.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    Math games or documentaries
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Books, TV shows/movies, video games, board/card games or surfing the internet for cool new science & history information.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts