Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
JoeMax
looking for ideas
by JoeMax
May 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
What kind of school activities do you do on days when your kids are sick enough to need rest a good part of the day, but not sick enough to veg all day? My boys are both in that inbetween stage of feeling better and still not being well. I have managed to squeeze in at least halfoftheir lessons this week, but I want to give them a bit of a break today without watching Tv all day.

Replies

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    May 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We play games or I'll read or do audio books. Still get in outside time even if it is shorter.

• KickButtMama
    May 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We did a lot of computer games on those days, like pbskids.org or time4learning.com and we used our busy boxes which have small art stuffs, small science kits (that can be done on their beds), books, movies, etc. 

• bether89
    May 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

We do reading, board games, or netflix.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    May 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We read book together and watch educational shows.  It depends on how sick they are.  Usually I let them decide how much they are capable of doing.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    This when I had Netflix.

Quoting coala:

I tend to do books and let them watch educational stuff on netflix.  I will also let them squeeze in a few shows that they really enjoy as well.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    May 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM

read

• mommyofmonkey16
    May 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Here are some ideas:

*make a concoction of random foods and spices

*easy review work from last year

*write to a family memeber/penpal

• HopeJoyPeace1
    May 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Here is what I DO WITH MY SON.. 

We watch Historical Cartoons.. I actually try to never allow him to watch anything that isn't in some way educational. 

Example he and I just watched Gone With the wind.. We learned about slavery and the civil war!

• motheroffour186
    May 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM

We usually an educational movie games video like Leapfrog movie Magic School Bus movie Reading books to them just depend on how they feel how sick they are.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    I hope your kiddos are feeling better.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email