Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
almondpigeon
I just found the neatest statistic
May 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I was on my state's homeschool website (I'm in NC) and they have a chart that compares homeschools in the state from year to year.  In the '88-'89 school year, there were 1,300 registered home schools.  In the '11-'12 school year, there were 48,000!  that's amazing to me!!  i figured more & more people were homeschooling, but i was really surprised to see that many registered homeschools.

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    Wow!!! That IS awesome!
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Not to mention those that don't register. :)
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I'm in NC too. :-D
  • almondpigeon
    May 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

i was thinking that too.  here, you don't have to register until your child turns 7 during the school year.  i'm sure there are a lot of kindergarteners that are being homeschooled that hasn't registered.

Quoting Boobah:

Not to mention those that don't register. :)

• irvinehiker
    May 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

That is awesome!  I love how hs is more mainstream now and not just done by fringe people.  

• No_Difference
    May 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Our state site gives links to all sorts of statistics. What I find speaks volumes the county I live in, has the most homeschoolers for the entire state, and from what I can see over the years, always has... The county next to us is catching up too now. For the 2011-12 school year, there were 583 registered homeschoolers for my county, and 555 the year before that.  Overall homeschoolers, 7,151 for the 2011-12 year, and 6,736 before that.  The number enrolled in private school has dropped tho.  I love looking at all those numbers lol.  It's kind of nice for me when we go out, the majority of the people around here are very accepting of homeschoolers...but there's a pretty good reason why lol.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM

More & more people are homeschooling & now there are second & third generations homeschooling their children. I love to see the numbers grow!

• CJsMommy040506
    May 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Wow that's a huge change! I'm 26 and so far I've only met 2 adults that were homeschooled.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    That's so neat. I wonder what Ohio's statistics would be?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts