Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
almondpigeon
I just found the neatest statistic
May 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I was on my state's homeschool website (I'm in NC) and they have a chart that compares homeschools in the state from year to year.  In the '88-'89 school year, there were 1,300 registered home schools.  In the '11-'12 school year, there were 48,000!  that's amazing to me!!  i figured more & more people were homeschooling, but i was really surprised to see that many registered homeschools.

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    Wow!!! That IS awesome!
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Not to mention those that don't register. :)
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I'm in NC too. :-D
  • almondpigeon
    May 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

i was thinking that too.  here, you don't have to register until your child turns 7 during the school year.  i'm sure there are a lot of kindergarteners that are being homeschooled that hasn't registered.

Quoting Boobah:

Not to mention those that don't register. :)

• irvinehiker
    May 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

That is awesome!  I love how hs is more mainstream now and not just done by fringe people.  

• No_Difference
    May 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Our state site gives links to all sorts of statistics. What I find speaks volumes the county I live in, has the most homeschoolers for the entire state, and from what I can see over the years, always has... The county next to us is catching up too now. For the 2011-12 school year, there were 583 registered homeschoolers for my county, and 555 the year before that.  Overall homeschoolers, 7,151 for the 2011-12 year, and 6,736 before that.  The number enrolled in private school has dropped tho.  I love looking at all those numbers lol.  It's kind of nice for me when we go out, the majority of the people around here are very accepting of homeschoolers...but there's a pretty good reason why lol.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM

More & more people are homeschooling & now there are second & third generations homeschooling their children. I love to see the numbers grow!

• CJsMommy040506
    May 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Wow that's a huge change! I'm 26 and so far I've only met 2 adults that were homeschooled.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    That's so neat. I wonder what Ohio's statistics would be?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN