Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
It is May! What are you learning about this month?
by mem82
May 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM
It's Spring! What does your month look like?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We have been working on a garden (sowing the seeds inside & then transplanting) I hope that this month we will actually get them in the ground but we have had freezing weather at least once every week for the past 5 weeks & there is another one for Thursday night/Friday morning. I am really hoping that this will be the last one so we can plant the plants outside this weekend.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    Of my 12 seedlings, only 2 sprouted and only one seems to have survived.

Quoting usmom3:

We have been working on a garden (sowing the seeds inside & then transplanting) I hope that this month we will actually get them in the ground but we have had freezing weather at least once every week for the past 5 weeks & there is another one for Thursday night/Friday morning. I am really hoping that this will be the last one so we can plant the plants outside this weekend.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    My cold weather plants are doing well though.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting usmom3:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    May 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

We have some that didn't sprout at all & others that sprouted & then died shortly after because we can't transplant them outside for fear that the cold & wind would have killed them. What we plan on doing is replanting the ones that did poorly inside outside as seeds but this cold weather has got to go first other wise they don't stand a chance.

Quoting mem82:

My cold weather plants are doing well though.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting usmom3:

• motheroffour186
    May 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I am working on that right now

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    May 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

4 H(2 meetings), culture club, trip to the national zoo, maymount park, class at camp on habitats, karate, and whatever else comes up.  I am also teaching a class called geography through art.  We are doing Greece and Germany this month.  We are also starting on our botany study.  We are growing tadpoles right now.  For our culture club meeting this month we are doing robotics for our study of Japan.  I still need to plan the dish I am bringing.  I just got a book from the library about vegan recipes around the world.  i have a pretty good idea of what I will be bringing.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    I know how this feels. I felt like I never got it together last month.

Quoting motheroffour186:

I am working on that right now

• CaitsCookies
    May 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Lawn care Plant care Household responsibilities Following directions Working on compromises (Yesterday we had a minor PTSD issue, but he pulled himself together, and worked out a deal with the counselor for him to continue improving on following directions and on reading in exchange for her reviewing her schedule for a time slot that won't cause him to have to leave our homeschool group's Wednesday activities early.)
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    Gardening!
  • irvinehiker
    May 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I wish we could do some gardening!  We're getting 4 to 6 inches of snow today!  Yuck!!  

We'll be learning about electricity as that is my son's current passion.  Also some reading and who know what else.  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts