Homeschooling Moms

zandizane
Spin off of picture post, Do you make 'yearbooks' for you kids?
April 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I'm thinking of doing this in the next week or so for my kids. But I will probably just make one that they can share instead of 3 books with the same pics haha.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

No I don't but if I did I would would ether use shutterfly to make one or scrapbook one.

• somuchlove4U
    April 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    I haven't yet, but plan to start this year.
  • charla_r
    April 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Our homeschool group has a committe that takes individual and group photos throughout the year.  They create a yearbook and use a company to publish copies for purchase.  Each family orders one if they want one. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I didn't, but it's not a bad idea!

• twyliatepeka
    April 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    I want to but I am horrible at remembering to put things together. :)
  • KickButtMama
    April 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We've done scrapbooks, i guess that's like a yearbook. But we've also done actual yearbooks through our co-op as well. 

• tennisgal
    April 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM

What a great idea!! I never thought about it. 

I suggested we have an "open house" kind of thing for the grandparents, but DH didn't like the idea. He felt like it would be trying to justify our decision (or something like that), but I just remember being so excited to show my grandparents what we had worked on all year long when I was in school.

• celticdragon77
    May 1, 2013 at 12:53 AM

We keep a homeschool blog with a lot of pictures.

I have to (by law) create a portfolio for each child every year. I have always scanned and uploaded everything onto the computer, then stored it on a CDROM. I send a copy to the school, keep a copy for my records, and save a copy (keepsake) for each kid. - It has pictures, videos, assignments that were scanned onto the computer, schedules + attendance, book lists, etc. 

• CaitsCookies
    May 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    I'm thinking about it. I could be really bad and send a copy to SS's mom, since she hardly ever spends more than 5 minutes with him. If I do it, I'll probably put it to a CD so that when they're older, I can make individual copies for them, as they're 9 years apart in age.
  • leighp1
    by leighp1
    May 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I plan on taking the photos my daughter took this year and turn them into a book for her.  If all goes well I will also turn it into an ebook for people to admire the wonderful photos she has taken.

Homeschooling Moms