Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
motheroffour186
all year around
April 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Would you do all year around school if it was some subjects that your children that you wanted to go over would you just do all year around school or what would you do??

Homeschool
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 95% - Would you go all year around?
  2. 4% - Or would it be your first thing you start at the beginning of the school

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    April 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM

We take a month off in the summer and we plan to take a month off at Christmas next year.  But even during our month "off" we read and practice some math.

• Knightquester
    April 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM

During the school year we do the normal amount of school work for children around their age.  During the summer we do a mild amount of schooling to keep up their skills.

Throughout the whole year we take our breaks and vacations when we can.  We do tend to take more breaks in the summer months when family and friends are able to because their kids have time off too.

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    April 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM

we take it off, we live in the desert, it's too to go out and play. lol

• aneela
    by aneela
    April 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM

my plan was always to do year round with short breaks here and there..def no two month summer break...thats too long of a gap

• TJandKarasMom
    April 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    I think we will do year round, but not as structured in the summer. We will mostly unschool I think so it will just be continuous learning, we maybe just won't keep track of everything. My state is so lenient about hsing that I don't see a need to take a long summer break and we would still read and do some math fact practice for my DD. I think it will just be more natural learning in the summer.

(we haven't started hsing yet-hopefully this fall)
  • lifesadream83
    April 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Last year we only keep doing Math and LA through the summer this year we just kept moving with all subjects.  She started her new math about a month ago.  About 3 months ago she moved up to the next level of reading books.  She is still working through LA.  We just moved onto our next SL Core for history.  We are going to be at Science for another 14 weeks then we will do a unit study on dinosaurs and then the Human body.  I plan on starting ALL of her 4th Grade Curriculum together in January though at the same time.  We will see though.  I already had to add the two unit studies to keep us on that schedule as dd just soaks up science.  

• SuperMommy408
    April 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    We are doing year around and taking breaks as we need them!!
  • KrissyKC
    April 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM

We always say this would be a good idea, but end up taking a few good sized breaks through the year and then part of the summer.

• Momof697
    April 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Until last year we never did year round. We are dairy so it never fit for us. Well last year (this year too) the kids did not get ALL the work they needed to done. so they will be having to do summer school.  And just so we are clear some of my kids are going to have summer off some (the boys) will not. They decided they did not have to do it. I tried to tell them they still did but now I am proving it. They like to see who is stronger willed. 

• motheroffour186
    April 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    That is why I am thinking about giving them June off and in July keep going because they did not everything done in Math Language Art Science I think we are working Math Language Art Science we are going on field trips. For Language Art it is a couple things to do. I do not know what to do.

Quoting Momof697:

Until last year we never did year round. We are dairy so it never fit for us. Well last year (this year too) the kids did not get ALL the work they needed to done. so they will be having to do summer school.  And just so we are clear some of my kids are going to have summer off some (the boys) will not. They decided they did not have to do it. I tried to tell them they still did but now I am proving it. They like to see who is stronger willed. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts