Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
Is anyone else done for the year?
by Boobah
April 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    April 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

We finish June 14th and start again July 15th.  We are very excited about spring!  We have a worm habitat on the counter, a jar of frog spawn, and some nice sized seedlings.  Love the spring sciences :-)

• AutymsMommy
    April 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Pretty much. We continue math and spelling through summer with my eldest, but we're done until June (when we'll start our new year).

• Silverkitty
    April 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm not sure exactly when we will finish, but come the end of June until the begining of August, unless we move, we will be on Summer break.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Not yet, but we only have language arts and science left.
  • almondpigeon
    April 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    I think we can wrap everything up by the beginning of June...and it can't come fast enough!! I am so ready for lazy mornings!!
  • ColtsFan1912
    April 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We are not done yet. We fell behind a bit with moving and everything. 

• coala
    by coala
    April 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My oldest will finish the first week of July and my younger one will be about 2 weeks behind her.  Just the way it is this year.  We are going to take a LONG break and resume "structured" learning in January 2014.  This is something new for us.  We are going to do about 3 mos of letting the kids take the reins and pick what they want to learn about and then focus on that.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    We are never done. We are taking a short break this week. We are getting out yard ready for summer, getting ready to pick up 150 pullets, and organizing our house right now. We still have a few projects we are working on but we taking a slight break from everything else. We basically just homeschool year round and change things as we need to.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    April 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I wish!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM

we finished last friday!  very glad spring is here!

Homeschooling Moms