Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
Is anyone else done for the year?
by Boobah
April 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    May 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    We use the Waldorf method now, which is very arts and nature centered, creative, and teaches the child as a whole (head, heart and hands). It is a but different from most mainstream curriculum, but we love it. It emphasizes protecting childhood, instead of rushing through it, and learning through living and stories instead of text books. They actually make their own text! If you would like more info lmk and I will link you. :)

Quoting lifesadream83:

What is your new approach? We finished but started again! We are having to move 2 times during this school year so I'm trying to leave breaks for those time periods

Quoting Boobah:

Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?

• energygirl
    May 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

we are done..but still doing a little math and reading.....I can't see dragging it out when we are done with the curriculum

• SarahNElijah
    May 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    We have taken a break for a few weeks for birthdays and a birthday trip, but we do things through the summer, just light and fun! :)
  • Mommy2Emmau
    May 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    DD is 4.5 and our schooling only takes 1.5-2 in the mornings. We take random days off and had a good month and a half off when the baby was born in Dec plus we had Christmas. It was tough getting back into a routine. I'm leaning more towards year round, with more short breaks and random days off! : ) We still get SOOOO much time to be outside and doing other activities and field trips since we can get our schooling done so much faster than public school.

Homeschooling Moms