Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Who do I notify?
April 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My son goes to K in the school district where I teach. I'm supposed to notify the school board within ten days of the start of the session that he will be homeschooled. But is that where he is now or the district he is supposed to attend? They have no record of him plus education isn't compulsory until 7.


  • mem82
    by mem82
    April 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    I would suggest since he is already in the system to notify the district he is in. Unless you move out of state, I'm pretty sure you have to keep notifying since he has already been goin.
  • KrissyKC
    April 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM

    Yes, you have to notify the district he is in that you are withdrawing him.

  • Leissaintexas
    April 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM

    I would think it would depend on what state you are in.

  • Jinx-Troublex3
    April 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Even if he isn't compulsory age, once he is in the system you need to do a withdrawal.

    As PP said, it depends. On the state who you need to notify. In our state I don't have to notify a district at all, I have to file a letter with the state.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    April 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

    It all depends on your state what cores of action you need to take.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts