Homeschooling Moms

dazguti
(PIOG) If you had unlimited money....
by dazguti
April 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

...how would you spend it educating your children? Curriculum? Travel? Supplies? etc....

Replies

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    April 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I'd use the same curriculum. I'd probably buy a laptop just for school. We'd travel a lot more. I think seeing a place and experiencing the cullture helps make those historical and geographical connections. Oh, and I'd hire a dietician and personal trainer for both of us. LOL

• somuchlove4U
    April 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    Mostly travel, little curriculum and all the supplies we would need!!
  • No_Difference
    April 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM

For starters - the dream home lol. That would include a massive library and a "school room" off the "loft" of the library lol It's an elaborate dream home... Then on to the best storage for all the supplies, because I'd be getting top of the line supplies (not like pencils, crayons, etc, but things like a telescope and microscope etc)!! I wouldn't be worried about switching curriculums mid year if we needed to, but otherwise, I'd stick with what we've been using, and hopefully the few things we're switching up.

• Pukalani79
    April 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Travel, definitely.  We'd see what we were studying.

• hipmomto3
    April 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Macbooks for each kid. This is DH's goal to teach them web design anyway. ;) We already travel a good deal but could do another trip or two per year - foreign travel would be really nice (Egypt!). We'd probably use the same curriculum we use now, because it's not like I have my eye on another more expensive one. Though I'd just buy the whole package rather than picking and choosing and getting a lot of it from the library.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

We would buy an RV & travel every where!

• dazguti
    by dazguti
    April 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    For moms who said they wouldn't change curriculum, I'm curious what you currently use...
  • CaitsCookies
    April 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

There  are two properties I'd love to buy and convert to places for homeschool resources.  One is an old restaurant on the edge of a lake, and the other is an entire city block with a house, a restaurant, a prep building and 1/4 of the block open.  It would make a wonderful place to have a community garden for the homeschool group we belong to.  The kids, as they become old enough, could learn business skills by running a little bakery/coffee shop on each property.

• arctophile
    April 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Can you imagine how incredible history, geography,  and art would be if we could visit whatever we discussed?  Lots and lots of travel.  Plus we would definately build on a dedicated classroom.  That would be awesome!

• bether89
    April 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM

If I had unlimited funds, I would move to the country and build a bigger house that would have a classroom.  We would travel more and do more extra curricular activities.  Ds took guitar lessons for the first half of the year and he would like to take piano lessons.

Homeschooling Moms