Homeschooling Moms

dazguti
(PIOG) If you had unlimited money....
by dazguti
April 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

...how would you spend it educating your children? Curriculum? Travel? Supplies? etc....

Replies

• blueyedbaker
    April 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I'd hire a tutor. We basically have everything we need or want but for me I'd like to hire a tutor for the subject that are harder to teach. And just for some time away from teaching. Don't get me wrong I love doing all the stuff but some time away would be nice even if it was an an hour or two.

• celticdragon77
    April 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I'd buy a farm, travel more, and go hog wild on books! A tutor with foreign language sounds great.

- or move to Finland and allow my kids to be educated there. 

• ElleAimeleVie
    April 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    I would move to Europe and buy a house with a huge, gigantic library and pack it full of both books for education and pleasure.
    I'd buy a grand piano.
    Just to be able to buy anything we wanted for learning as we needed it would be awesome and then to be able to send them to really great universities, without worrying about cost would be wonderful too.
  • celticdragon77
    April 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Ditto!

Quoting ElleAimeleVie:

I would move to Europe and buy a house with a huge, gigantic library and pack it full of both books for education and pleasure.
    I'd buy a grand piano.
    Just to be able to buy anything we wanted for learning as we needed it would be awesome and then to be able to send them to really great universities, without worrying about cost would be wonderful too.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    April 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    This almost exactly!

Quoting Maridel:

We would own a farm where learning could take place daily and naturally. Then with unlimited money we could pay someone to care for the farm and We would buy and RV and travel the US, then we could travel abroad and learn and experience as many different cultures as we can. I'd definitely have a school/play room. Unlimited art supplies and science kits for my DD who absolutely loves it, and whatever my other 2 children would be interested in when they are older. and music lessons. 

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    April 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    I'd keep our current curriculum as well. We use journey through Waldorf by waldorf essentials. I do supplement spelling with all about spelling, and am considering math U see for math mainly for teaching me how to teach it, then sticking with the Waldorf way of math.
    I would have at least 8 acres, chickens, a couple cows and goats and a couple horses. I'd have a helper for the farm because my kids are still small and can help but not enough for a big farm! Lol! Each kid would have their own bedroom, and I'd have a sewing room with a homeschool/playroom off of it. We would also travel a bit. We used to travel a lot until we had my middle child 4 years ago. Haven't left Ohio except for camping in Indiana since.
  • drip
    by drip
    April 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

That depends....I would first, pray... and then look at our goals, direction and objectives. If a money decision is to be made I would look at the next priority.

I wish you well in your decisions,
    anna

• coala
    by coala
    April 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I think we would spend it traveling and learning on the road......that just sounds like so much fun.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts