Homeschooling Moms

CowgirlMama0508
Kindergarten
April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM
We are starting in June (YAY!!!!!) anyways, I'll have one in kindergarten and was wondering what she needs to be doing. What would be a good start for her. I'm a firm believer in letting kids be kids...that said, I don't feel like 5-6 year olds NEED a structuralized curriculum. But I'm at a loss as to where to find stuff for her to do...any suggestions?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    April 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Counting to 100, simple addition and subtraction, shapes, colors, alphabet, letter sounds, blending sounds

Try What My Kindergartener Should Know.

• KrissyKC
    April 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

If I knew then what I know now...

The biggest things I'd push are phonics and writing.

Phonics came easy to us, but my older two are terrible writers and it affects their work in every subject now.

• CowgirlMama0508
    April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    Thank you!!

Quoting debramommyof4:

Counting to 100, simple addition and subtraction, shapes, colors, alphabet, letter sounds, blending sounds

Try What My Kindergartener Should Know.

• CowgirlMama0508
    April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    Good advice :)

Thanks!!

Quoting KrissyKC:

If I knew then what I know now...

The biggest things I'd push are phonics and writing.

Phonics came easy to us, but my older two are terrible writers and it affects their work in every subject now.

• romacox
    by romacox
    April 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM

As a home school workshop leader, I wrote the following free articles to answer those questions:

How To Get Started.

How To Home School (much more in depth)

• CowgirlMama0508
    April 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    Thank you very much!!

Quoting romacox:

As a home school workshop leader, I wrote the following free articles to answer those questions:

How To Get Started.

How To Home School (much more in depth)

Homeschooling Moms