Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
AutymsMommy
Anyone else excited for next year?
April 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I think I know which curricula I'll order for my rising 7th grader and my rising kindergartner. I'm going tomorrow to register my eldest for her co-op classes.

I don't think I'll be able to wait until August to start the new year... lol. <---- this is why I still haven't ordered. Once hte books arrive, mom will want to start.

Replies

• NYCitymomx3
    April 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I'm excited for 7th grade, too!  I have our plan laid out and I'm so ready to start ordering.  I want to wait til June, though, or I'll just start using it all now, lol.

• bluerooffarm
    April 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I'm a bit anxious about next year.  My youngest wants to start "real school."  He wants to start doing math u see like his big brothers, so we ordered the Primer level (he LOVES playing with the manipulatives)

I understand what you are saying about buying the curriculum.  I swore when I started buying ours that it would wait until next year (well July when we start), but those blocks for the math program are AWESOME!!!  So we started using them already.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    I am really excited for next year but I'm needing this summer break.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    April 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    Lol
  • Silverkitty
    April 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am!  I have everything we need except art suplies and paper for the printer.

• chotovec82
    April 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    Yes! We will be in our house! I just cannot wait for Sept. Homeschooling will be much easier. No one else getting in our way with how we live and schooling. Right now we are living with the inlaws and I am grateful for them allowing this while DH is deployed but it has taKen a tole on me. The kids are not as well behaved because no on is consistent and home schooling is harder because grandma is a constant distraction and not because of her. The children always want to ask grandma somehting when we go to bed, start school, etc...
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    April 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I already ordered our 3rd grade and Kindergarten Curriculum and its hard not to want to start now. We are gonna hold off as we are in the process of packing and we are closing on our home in a few weeks!! My goal is to start in June :) .

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    April 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Yes! I just found out three of my local friends are using the same curriculum and even the same level that we have been using for 3 years now. My daughter will actually have two of her friends reading the same books and doing the same assignments! Yay! I've felt like we have been on a curriuclum island.

• chotovec82
    April 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    Oh I am also very excited about the curriculum that I've purchased. I still need to purchase two mroe subjects a kid but it's exciting. I need to get Math U see primer, and then my will be 2nd grader needs to take the assessment test to see which book to buy him. I also need to buy All About Reading pre reading for my kinder and then the assessment test for my will be 2nd grader. I am also wanting to buy the Whistlefritz collection for Spanish. So I have about 400 bucks to spend still.. I am so glad that I won't be having to spend so much after this year. However it's still cheaper than private schooling.
  • TJandKarasMom
    April 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    Next year *should* be our first year homeschooling, so I'm pretty excited. I'm not buying a curriculum, mostly planning to unschool and go with the kids' flow for the first year. I hope the stars align and that we actually will get to homeschool!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts