Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
trendy2
Nay Sayers
by trendy2
April 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'm already tired of people acting like I can't do this. I say HS. They say I don't know about that. Are you qualified? How long are you going to do that?!

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    Ignore the haters. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't argue. The proof will be in the pudding. 8) some people, like my brother, will never agree with even after 5 years. *sigh*
  • debramommyof4
    April 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

You can do it. Just ignore them.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

They are only being like that because you doing what you are doing makes them feel insecure about what they do, & they think you are secretly judging them for not doing it like you are because they are judging you for not doing it like them.

We humans are funny creatures we say we want to do things our own way but our culture has us believe that if we don't fallow the pack we are doing it wrong & we are dumb enough to listen to the culture over our own selves! Keep doing what you are doing, your children will grow to be amazing people because of it!

• Pukalani79
    April 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I don't talk about it to people I know are going to be negative.  This is a way of life, and I don't need them putting it down.  It's hard, I know, but like others have said, do what you can to ignore it and dont waste your time arguing.

• bluerooffarm
    April 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Are you qualified?  My answer is.... everyone on the planet is qualified to be an education facilitator.  I'm so sorry that our society has beaten you down to the point that you don't believe it of yourself.

How long are you going to do that?  As long as it takes.

Give an answer that they do not know how to respond to.  It stops from them puking their crap all over you.

• trendy2
    by trendy2
    April 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    Well I haven't technically started yet but it makes me second guess. That's for sure. I would hope I can. Don't want my children to be worse for it.
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    There will always be haters. Surround yourself with people who will support you and encourage you. Ignore the rest and if they get to you too much come share with us and we'll think of good comebacks we would really like to say ;)
  • KrissyKC
    April 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Let's see, during our engagement, I went somewhere with MIL.   We were just randomly discussing life/future.   I mentioned I have always wanted to homeschool and she flipped her lid and snapped at me how "her" son isn't going to work three jobs just so i can sit on my butt.

• amandae21
    April 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    I think you hit the nail on the head!! I have had this exact situation happen a couple of times. I can't help but spout off my very negative opinion of how the public education system in our country is... yeah, I don't think I have to preach to the choir here lol... My SIL thinks we're "weird." This is the term she uses for anyone who isn't like her family. Sadly, she works two jobs and DH works full time all to pay for crap they don't need (nice cars, a boat, a 5br 3000 sq ft house for a family of 4)... I think *they* are the weird ones. She never sees her kids! And she cooks garbage food like chicken nuggets because it's all she has time or energy to prepare. Go figure. But we're weird because I'm a homeschooling sahm who only buys organic. :/ to each their own I guess...
    Quoting usmom3:

They are only being like that because you doing what you are doing makes them feel insecure about what they do, & they think you are secretly judging them for not doing it like you are because they are judging you for not doing it like them.

We humans are funny creatures we say we want to do things our own way but our culture has us believe that if we don't fallow the pack we are doing it wrong & we are dumb enough to listen to the culture over our own selves! Keep doing what you are doing, your children will grow to be amazing people because of it!

• trendy2
    by trendy2
    April 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

Let's see, during our engagement, I went somewhere with MIL.   We were just randomly discussing life/future.   I mentioned I have always wanted to homeschool and she flipped her lid and snapped at me how "her" son isn't going to work three jobs just so i can sit on my butt.

Wow, really?  After working for the last 22 years, I can surely say that I was less tired being a working mom of 6 vs being a stay at home mom of 4.  So that's crap.  I really thought I would be bored once I became a SAHM last year, but boy was I wrong.  I am so busy carpooling 3-4 times a day to different schools, preschools, errands, etc. Plus my husband works out of state so I have no help ever.  I am thrilled to go to bed at night!  I don't regret it but I surely won't look at it like it's a breeze.  We mothers who worked full-time paid others to watch our children, we didn't realize what we would be doing during the day once we started doing it ourself.  Just doing it on Saturday and Sunday just don't give you the full experience.  LOL.  They just don't know.  As for HS once I get it figured out and what I need to do to really get it rolling, I am sure I'll be fine.  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts