Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jntkaylor
Should i homeschool?
April 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

My daughter will be in highschool next year and she wants to be homeschooled. Ive had a lot of problems getting her to go to school. she has social anxiety, she was also bullied and just does not feel comfortable around alot of people. I barely remember high school curriculum. Ive heard its a full time job and i have to work as well i just dont know if i can do it.

Replies

• QueenCreole313
    April 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM

You can do it! She is older. I think it will teach her discipline and responsibility. All you may have to do is guide her. She can read, write and do math already. So, I think the hard part is done. I would also suggest a virtual curriculum, dual enrollment and/or child-led learning. Good luck! 

• Momof697
    April 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

By All Means Homeschool. It will be tough but I think the reward will be worth it.

• amandae21
    April 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Yes, you should give it a shot. You don't have to know everything to teach it. You can also pay for ger to take stuff like Physics and Chem in classes for homeschoolers. Hang around this group for a while, you'll learn a lot about getting started.

• jntkaylor
    April 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I dont even know where to start!

I was hoping she would eventualy like going to school

• TJandKarasMom
    April 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    I BEGGED my mom to let me home school in high school. She refused, like wouldn't even consider it. I still haven't forgiven her for it :(. We have a strained relationship at best, but growing up she was my best friend. I think if she had let me skip the horrible high school experience I would have been much better off. Sure, I learned to be careful who I trusted as my best friend ruined my entire high school life. But I also met a boy at 15 and stayed with him until I was 20, married at 18, had a DS at 19...didn't finish collage until I was 28.

I'm not saying your DD will make the same choices I did or that my choices were solely made because I was in ps. I just think my life would have been much different if my mom had taken my begging seriously and I had been able to do school at home. It would have saved me a lot of pain and bullying, harassment...so much could have been avoided.

That's just my personal experience. So this is why when my 4th grader asks to be home schooled, we are trying our hardest to make it doable for this fall.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN