Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Pinkphotography
Not a homeschooler yet .. But
April 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
But still trying to convince dh. I'm nervous about it . As a mom I worry about my kids in school now and getting in older grades can be scary . But crossing my fingers to make a decision soon . I worry i wont teach them enough . And they will be behind :(

Thank you for all support from all you homeschoolers big hug!!

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

If your children learn to pursue knowledge on their own then it wont matter if you missed some things because they can learn it when they want or need to at a later date!

I know that it is scary wanting to do something so different then what you have been doing but homeschooling is worth it on so many levels. You can make sure that your children learn all important things not just academic things!

• Pinkphotography
    April 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    I talked to both My sons teachers they looked at me like funny :( and said they wouldn't advise it. Ugh :(
  • romacox
    by romacox
    April 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Pinkphotography, mothers have a natural instinct when it comes to their own children..  Trust it. 

• Pinkphotography
    April 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Thank you
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Ofcoarse the teachers are going to tell you that! Most teachers truly believe that not just anyone can teach. What they don't realize is teaching your own children is nothing like teaching 30 complete strangers children & that homeschooling never has to look anything like school!

Quoting Pinkphotography:

I talked to both My sons teachers they looked at me like funny :( and said they wouldn't advise it. Ugh :(

• Kat0038
    by Kat0038
    April 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

They also wouldn't advise it because the school will no longer get money for your kids from the federal gov. No don't expect homeschool support from the school system. Definitely follow your instincts.

Quoting usmom3:

Ofcoarse the teachers are going to tell you that! Most teachers truly believe that not just anyone can teach. What they don't realize is teaching your own children is nothing like teaching 30 complete strangers children & that homeschooling never has to look anything like school!

Quoting Pinkphotography:

• QueenCreole313
    April 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I've learned following the child's natural progression is the best way to teach. They will never be "behind" or "ahead" because each child learns at a different pace and that is ok. We have to stop comparing these children to when they are supposed to learn something and just let them learn it! 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts