Homeschooling Moms

celticdragon77
Oredeb - oceanography mural
April 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I clicked on one of your links - it went to a homeschool blog - and I love the oceanography wall mural!! I'd love to know more about it. Is it drawn, images found somewhere, or what? How big is it? How do you correlate it with the lessons?

It is amazing and inspired me with so many ideas. I just need to find a wall in my house...

Replies

• celticdragon77
    April 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

BUMP!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

hi celtic, oohhh that was a fun unit study, it included all the kids from 6 up to 16,

the images we all made, using construction paper , glitter, glue, large rolled paper, and anything else we could find! the back ground sky we got at the school supple store and the water in back ground ifound there also,the size is about 18 ft long and 6 1/2 ft tall, the brown paper is part of the coral, the paper we got at the school supply store on those rollers they have, al the kids had a hand in it, some of the pictures(little fish)  were coloring pictures using the dover color books, the younger kids colored and cut them out , the sharks are made on rolled white paper, we watched coral reef movies, even went to omnimax theater and seen it on the big round thingy, we copies our stufff that we have on he coral reef from pictures found in library books, on the internet also on one of the other walls the kids wrote small paragraphs bout each of the objects found on the coral reef, they had so much fun, 

we also did a smaller version a few years before that using this site

youll have to sign up to get in, its free, and worth it, other things on their also

http://www.learningpage.com/pages/menu_wkshts/murals_oceans.html

http://www.learningpage.com/pages/menu_wkshts/fact_oceans.html

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM

BUMP!

• KickButtMama
    April 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Awesome!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    April 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM