Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
QueenCreole313
Colorado!
April 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hey ladies! I'm thinking of moving to Colorado. Anyone know the laws there?

Replies

• gacgbaker
    April 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I used to live there (you will love it).  

From what I remember the laws are pretty easy going, here's a link I found:

http://www.cde.state.co.us/choice/homeschool_faq.asp

My mom homeschooled us for a short period of time when I was younger there and I don't remember her saying it was difficult.  Good luck!

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Nope! Why are you moving?
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

what part of colorado

• QueenCreole313
    April 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Colorado Springs. Family is there. I hear great things. I'd love to find a job and work 2 nd shift. Any ideas?
  • katinahat
    April 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

It's fabulous and very supportive of homeschooling :) Colorado Springs has a lot of government contractor work, so I'd suggest looking at USAjobs.gov

• charla_r
    April 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    We may be headed to Colorado Springs as well. My husband received a job offer there.
  • QueenCreole313
    April 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    That's where we are headed I'm so excited!
  • Knightquester
    April 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I loved visiting Colorado the few times I have and would love to live there.  I don't know the laws for homeschooling there though, but I do wish you and your family lots of luck if you do relocate.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I live just north of Denver and started homeschooling in January.  Our district was super supportive of our need to get our oldest out of school.  The requirements are fairly easy.  172 days, 4 hours/day average.  They have certain things you have to be teaching (reading/writing/literature, history/civics/economics, etc...) but no certain topics within those learning areas.  Kids have to take a nationally recognized (?) standardized test in their odd years, starting in 3rd grade.  We'll do that next year, so it's still an unknown to me, but they made it sound like it's not a difficult thing.  I love visiting the Springs.  :)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

i hear they get lots of snow there! so that must mean lots of winter fun!

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Colorado Springs. Family is there. I hear great things. I'd love to find a job and work 2 nd shift. Any ideas?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN