Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
hipmomto3
Teaching Textbooks 5?
April 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We used Teaching Textbooks 3 last year and did NOT love it at all. There were literally 2 pages of errata that they sent along with the books and CDs, which was ridiculously lame (who sells a product and includes a "PS Here's all the stuff we did wrong with it"?), the content was kind of random, and disc 3 never worked (after 2 phone calls and them telling us it was our PC, they relented and snail-mailed us a new disc 3, then we found discussion forums where many, many other people had the same problem with disc 3).

So for some odd reason I'm considering it for 5th grade math. :) HA! What is wrong with me?!

I did like that my daughter could be self directed on most of it. She didn't complain as much. If we used it again, we'd definitely have to supplement it with more stuff, either free or very low cost. So my main question is, has/does anyone use TT 5? Is it any better or worse than 3 was? 

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Eek! I've been thinking about getting the higher level stuff for Missie.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    I have never had any problems with either one. We are using 3 and 5 this year. We use along with Life of fred. I love it because my sons love it. We alternate between life of fred and TT. My sons love playing with math so doing both programs really work for us. I didn't find it random at all. I know math 3 is fairly new so maybe it had a few bugs. I have not had any problems with mine.
  • stephmommyof4
    April 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM

My daughter is using teaching textbooks 5 this year and loves it. We haven't encountered any problems with it.

• hipmomto3
    April 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I see they still have the errata PDFs on their website, including several in the current edition of TT 5. Oh I don't know what to do....

• Koltie6
    by Koltie6
    April 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    We love it and had no problems.
  • Silverkitty
    April 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

My daughter is using TT 7 this year and hates it.   Then again she doesn't like doing many things on the computer.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts