Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jayco424
have you traveled with your kids?
April 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

Replies

• Cafe MichelleP
    April 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Have you considered Switzerland?

I used to live abroad and have been all through Europe but one of my favorite places especially with children is Switzerland.

We love it so much that my husband and I vacation in Zurich and Lucere every few years. It is clean, not nearly as crowded, rich in history, family friendly, clean and relatively safe.

Quoting Jayco424:

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

• SusanTheWriter
    April 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    When we were stationed on the UK, we spent a week in Oberammergau twice with side trips to Salzberg and Neuschwanstein in the summers. We also went to Venice for a week during the off season - February, I think.

I think the best thing about homeschooling would be being able to travel in the off season.
  • Knightquester
    April 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yes I've traveled a lot with my children, but mostly around my own country so I have no suggestions on where to travel abroad unless you come here.

We're planning a trip to Japan hopefully one day with the children as our abroad trip.  The children are learning Japanese and we're working hard to save up and plan.  I do have a friend in Canada that's trying to get us to visit her, so we may make it up there sometime too.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Oh what fun, we have never traveled out of the USA with or with out kids.

• OakesMama
    April 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM

not more then 500 miles from home.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    Here and I was excited to be driving from VA to Montana this summer. LOL Have a great time wherever you decide to go.
  • AutymsMommy
    April 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Are you military?

I read that homeschooling is illegal for ANYONE other than military in Germany.

• bether89
    April 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

We have never travel outside the U.S. with our children.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts