Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jayco424
have you traveled with your kids?
April 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

Replies

• Cafe MichelleP
    April 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Have you considered Switzerland?

I used to live abroad and have been all through Europe but one of my favorite places especially with children is Switzerland.

We love it so much that my husband and I vacation in Zurich and Lucere every few years. It is clean, not nearly as crowded, rich in history, family friendly, clean and relatively safe.

Quoting Jayco424:

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

• SusanTheWriter
    April 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    When we were stationed on the UK, we spent a week in Oberammergau twice with side trips to Salzberg and Neuschwanstein in the summers. We also went to Venice for a week during the off season - February, I think.

I think the best thing about homeschooling would be being able to travel in the off season.
  • Knightquester
    April 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yes I've traveled a lot with my children, but mostly around my own country so I have no suggestions on where to travel abroad unless you come here.

We're planning a trip to Japan hopefully one day with the children as our abroad trip.  The children are learning Japanese and we're working hard to save up and plan.  I do have a friend in Canada that's trying to get us to visit her, so we may make it up there sometime too.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Oh what fun, we have never traveled out of the USA with or with out kids.

• OakesMama
    April 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM

not more then 500 miles from home.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    Here and I was excited to be driving from VA to Montana this summer. LOL Have a great time wherever you decide to go.
  • AutymsMommy
    April 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Are you military?

I read that homeschooling is illegal for ANYONE other than military in Germany.

• bether89
    April 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

We have never travel outside the U.S. with our children.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN