Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Dual enrolled kids (high school and college)
by leighp1
April 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I know that we can dual enroll our kids in High school and college.  I just don't know how to go about it.  From what I understand, Florida has something that you can dual enroll and it not cost us as parents.  Anyone have any information on this?  I need to find out how this works. 


  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

     ive no info but im giving you a bump to the top!!

  • SusanTheWriter
    April 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM

    I'm looking into this for my dd this fall if she doesn't return to ps. I'm in IL and our local community college does dual-enrollment with the ps and they offer the same for homeschool students. All kids - ps and hs - have to take an admissions test to see if they're up to the challenge.

    Once we have a better idea of where we'll be, I'll give the CC a call and ask about cost.

    Check your local public school website to see if they have any information about dual enrollment there. You may be able to follow their links to see what you can find. Or check directly with your local community colleges to see what they say.

  • Zenia6
    by Zenia6
    April 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    Looks as though you can contact the college or check via their website. Our local community college has information about dual enrollment it appears to be based on the school. I am in Florida.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    April 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM

     I can't help except to give you a bump!

  • Crazylife1994
    April 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM

    Florida Virtual School has dual-enrollment. AP classes fill up fast but it is all free.

  • BookMama3
    April 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    Check with your local community college, they should be able to give you the info you need, if they offer dual enrollment.
  • romacox
    by romacox
    April 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

    Here are a lot of links for you to find answers to your question.

    HSLDA on Dual enrollment

    My grandson is now doing this.  He is enrolled at a local Junior college that his mother also attends.  But one can choose online courses as well.  It is free until the child turns 18.

  • LoriAlane8
    April 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM

    We have that in California. And my daughter has done that for the past few years. You probably have to get a form from the college your child wants to attend. We did a search for Concurrent Enrollment. Fill that out and send to the highschool to have counselor sign. Then that needs to be taken to the college. Each college is different in the process of enrolling which is always fun to figure out. Also, make sure you check with the highschool to see what classes are allowed. We can only take classes not offered by the highschool, science classes (since we are in a virtual academy and some universities don't accept science credits from va's) or art type classes.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts