Homeschooling Moms

tiredmomfor2
Once a Month Lesson Plans
April 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I normally do our lesson plans 1-2 weeks at a time. It works for us, but sometimes I get busy and get off track.
I am kicking around the idea of attempting to lesson plan for four Weeks at a time. Just so it keeps me on track, and I think we will manage to get more fun stuff done. Not just the basics.
How often do you lesson plan?
Is it already laid out for you in pre made program, or do you make your own?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    I lesson plan each Sunday.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    April 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    I like the idea of once a month planning but I am worried that that doesn't give us enough flexibility.
  • tiredmomfor2
    April 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I am honestly worried about the same thing. LOL But life is about to get really busy, and I figured I would give it a try. :) Guess we will find out if I can pull it off. lol

Quoting mem82:

I like the idea of once a month planning but I am worried that that doesn't give us enough flexibility.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    Go for it!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I am honestly worried about the same thing. LOL But life is about to get really busy, and I figured I would give it a try. :) Guess we will find out if I can pull it off. lol

Quoting mem82:

• BramblePatch
    April 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    I do, too. And even at that, adjustments are often made weekly. I could plan a month ahead, but it would be a waste of time because there is no way we could stick to it.

Quoting mem82:

I lesson plan each Sunday.

• QueenCreole313
    April 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    I make monthly goals but do lesson plans each night. I never know what he will need extra time on or what we will fly through.
  • tuffymama
    April 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    On the advice of another mom with an ASD/speech delayed kid, I'm laying out a year's worth of loose lesson plans now. I have a year-long speech therapy package to get through and a chart to map LO's progress anyway, so I just have to fill in blocks on the calendar. I know that we won't be able to adhere strictly, and learning opportunites or family needs will crop up that will need to take priority over my schedule, but I like planning and having a course to follow. I'm building in rest and catchup days, too. In fact, as soon as I got the rough draft done, DH sprang a vacation on me, so I will bump some things back and go from there.
  • motheroffour186
    April 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    I try to do lesson plans the weekend Saturday or Sunday but it is hard when my husband at home.

Quoting mem82:I lesson plan each Sunday.
  • PeaceChild
    April 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I make my own lesson plans and I like to plan them for at least one week at a time.  Even better if I could find a way to prepare them a month at a time...so I would say if you are willing and able to plan them out for a month, go for it! Makes sense to me:)

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    I write out my lessons for the whole year, but I only copy a week at a time to my weekly planner.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts