Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
tiredmomfor2
Once a Month Lesson Plans
April 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I normally do our lesson plans 1-2 weeks at a time. It works for us, but sometimes I get busy and get off track.
I am kicking around the idea of attempting to lesson plan for four Weeks at a time. Just so it keeps me on track, and I think we will manage to get more fun stuff done. Not just the basics.
How often do you lesson plan?
Is it already laid out for you in pre made program, or do you make your own?

Replies

• gratefulgal
    April 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I  set out goals for the year and make lesson plans on Sat. nights and Sunday afternoon. Splitting them up hellps keep my focus :). I find it takes MORE time and MORE stress to come up with something spur of the moment than it does to write it down and plan in advance. Too far in advance, though, and you're sunk because, honestly, when was the last time you could plan life? lol.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    I have the same issue! Lol

Quoting motheroffour186:

I try to do lesson plans the weekend Saturday or Sunday but it is hard when my husband at home.

Quoting mem82:I lesson plan each Sunday.

• motheroffour186
    April 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    Lol

Quoting mem82:

I have the same issue! Lol

Quoting motheroffour186:

I try to do lesson plans the weekend Saturday or Sunday but it is hard when my husband at home.

Quoting mem82:I lesson plan each Sunday.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This is very true!

Quoting gratefulgal:

I  set out goals for the year and make lesson plans on Sat. nights and Sunday afternoon. Splitting them up hellps keep my focus :). I find it takes MORE time and MORE stress to come up with something spur of the moment than it does to write it down and plan in advance. Too far in advance, though, and you're sunk because, honestly, when was the last time you could plan life? lol.

• bluerooffarm
    April 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I like to make units.  I plan units for about 2 weeks and I'm usually 2-3 units ahead in planning.  If it takes longer, fine; if we breeze through it then at least I have the next unit already on deck so we have something else to do.  Right now I'm "planned" up to mid May.  I know that next week we will read Stellaluna and I have the vocab memory tickets ready, discussion questions, and a first draft test ready.  But last week when we were reading Town Mouse Country Mouse, we started out with the discussion questions and we went down a few rabbit holes.  I had to revamp most of the test!  So we keep our flexibility, but i always have something else waiting in case we just hate where that week is going or we go way more in depth than I thought.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

hi lyndsay,

i lesson plan weekly on fri or sat.

i make my own, during the summers i make up all the unit studies we will be using for the year, plus we use a lang book and math book for each child,

• bether89
    April 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I do lesson plans once a week, so that I can make adjustments easily.  Some of our curriculum has pre-planned lessons and some do not.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts