Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
SusanTheWriter
Any other writers in the group?
April 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Not your kids, but YOU!

Do you write a blog or articles? Do you have a non-fiction proposal you're working on? A children's book? A romance novel or fantasy or sci-fi?

What are you working on?

Replies

• QueenCreole313
    April 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Yes. I blog. I used to write poetry. It keeps me sane! I'm not working on anything yet but thinking of writing about perception and reality.I thought of writing childrens books but dont know where to start.

• BluntlyBlue
    April 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I write fiction and poetry. I used to blog but I fell away from it after my youngest was born. I  just can't seem to get back into it, although I keep trying.

I also write somewhat regularly for Persephone Magazine, usually one or two pieces a month.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I write love letter's to my hubby!

• KymberleeAnn
    April 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yes. I write children's books and poetry. I'm currently working on illustrations for my second and third children's book.

• jeweldragons
    April 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I am a professional author and also have a blog. My website is http://www.silentlair.net/

I have 7 books in progress at the moment. The two books in progress I am focusing on at the moment are the sequel to Locked In and the first book of my fanstasy series.

My blog is http://leavesofknowledge.blogspot.com/  This is a personal blog of mine.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    I used to write and really enjoy it but have fell away from it as I have had more and more children. Lol
  • tiredmomfor2
    April 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I blog..but haven't been keeping up with it like I used to. :( I miss it. Just don't find myself in front of a computer very often anymore. Could be because I have a crazy active toddler. LOL
  • SusanTheWriter
    April 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Great to see other writers here!

I've published 5 novellas and a couple of shorts with romance publishers. Aside from the ones that are out of contract, all my stories are available as e-books, and a couple are part of print anthologies.

I took a break from writing for a couple of years, but I'm back in the game this year! I hope to have a new novella finished by June. I've always worked with publishers, but I might try dipping my toe into self-pub waters for a change. Thankfully, I know several good editors, so I won't just be flinging myself out there with no net.

I really should get back into blogging, but I'm lucky to find time to write on my manuscript. Blogging, FB and Twitter receive only infrequent attention. *sigh* I do hate promotion. That said, you can find me at your favorite purveyor of e-books as Sela Carsen.

• TJandKarasMom
    April 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I have written two children's books but have no idea how to have them published :/  I would love to though.

I love to write.  I am thinking of starting a blog on the common core because I have been researching it so much (my kids are still in ps...most likely pulling them this fall to hs) and I have so much to say about it!  I would love to find a way to get paid to write so I can earn an income and hs, my income is a big reason DH is iffy about doing it (he will still do what I want though, lol).

• SusanTheWriter
    April 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Look for a local chapter of the SCBWI - the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. They'll be able to give you useful and timely information on that specific publishing niche.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I have written two children's books but have no idea how to have them published :/  I would love to though.

I love to write.  I am thinking of starting a blog on the common core because I have been researching it so much (my kids are still in ps...most likely pulling them this fall to hs) and I have so much to say about it!  I would love to find a way to get paid to write so I can earn an income and hs, my income is a big reason DH is iffy about doing it (he will still do what I want though, lol).

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts