Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Pukalani79
Science Fair tomorrow *Updated with pictures
April 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Our homeschool group is having our first annual (hopefully) science fair tomorrow afternoon.  We've combined it with our speech class and I'm hoping for a decent turnout.  So far I've only heard from two other families, but it's a start.

My son put together one of those Smart Robots and is giving a short speech on gravity, which is how this thing moves.  It's pretty cool.  My daughters had a couple of projects in mind but they did not pan out, but they were able to come up with some neat ideas.  My oldest daughter made two different bath salts and compared them.  She did the scientific method and her hypothesis was wrong but that's okay.  She's doing her speech on epsom salts.  My youngest did this: http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/ghost-in-tube/  It turned out really neat.  She's going to talk about how clouds form.

Have you done a science fair? What were your children's projects?

The kids had a blast! There were 10 kids giving presentations.  We heard about electricity, magnets, ozone bacteria and water, handwashing, mold, water/air pressure plus my three's topics. Here are some pictures from the Science Fair:

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    April 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

That's awesome!

We aren't homeschooling yet...but this shows me even more why to do it.  My DS can still be part of a science fair ;)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

love the pictures!!! sounds like it turned out good!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts