Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
oredeb
What are your favorite Art sites to use for the kids?
by oredeb
April 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

on the internet

or books?

or do you just make it all up?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Art around here is always inspired by something. For instance my younger 2 have been watching tutorial videos on YouTube to make fake food & furniture for their dolls/action figures. This to me is very creative & artistic stuff & now they want to try making the stuff themselves.

• momsarefrugal
    April 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I am looking for a good art site for preschool or kindergarten.  I would like a internet site that has art  we can create with directions. I have been looking at innerchild.com.  They have alot of crafts.  The icanteachmychild.com has some art. 

• hipmomto3
    April 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Do you mean art, or crafts? They are two entirely different things. Crafts are, you show the child a finished product, provide them with limited number of materials, and give them a set of instructions to make another finished product. Crafts have their place - they can develop fine motor skills and learn to follow directions in order. But they aren't ART. Art is expressive and mainly involves offering a variety of materials and allowing the child to direct the creation. An easel and paints, or sidewalk chalk and an empty driveway, or a kit of colored pencils and a notebook = art at our house. :) Sometimes we make books or make our own coloring books, then "bind" the books with a hole punch and yarn. 

We are starting to use the Draw Write Now books, which "teach" how to draw certain things. I guess that's a hybrid between crafts and art. It also ties into handwriting. 

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Art no crafts

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts