Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
oredeb
What are your favorite Art sites to use for the kids?
by oredeb
April 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

on the internet

or books?

or do you just make it all up?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Art around here is always inspired by something. For instance my younger 2 have been watching tutorial videos on YouTube to make fake food & furniture for their dolls/action figures. This to me is very creative & artistic stuff & now they want to try making the stuff themselves.

• momsarefrugal
    April 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I am looking for a good art site for preschool or kindergarten.  I would like a internet site that has art  we can create with directions. I have been looking at innerchild.com.  They have alot of crafts.  The icanteachmychild.com has some art. 

• hipmomto3
    April 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Do you mean art, or crafts? They are two entirely different things. Crafts are, you show the child a finished product, provide them with limited number of materials, and give them a set of instructions to make another finished product. Crafts have their place - they can develop fine motor skills and learn to follow directions in order. But they aren't ART. Art is expressive and mainly involves offering a variety of materials and allowing the child to direct the creation. An easel and paints, or sidewalk chalk and an empty driveway, or a kit of colored pencils and a notebook = art at our house. :) Sometimes we make books or make our own coloring books, then "bind" the books with a hole punch and yarn. 

We are starting to use the Draw Write Now books, which "teach" how to draw certain things. I guess that's a hybrid between crafts and art. It also ties into handwriting. 

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Art no crafts

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email