Homeschooling Moms

KickButtMama
OT - I want one!!
April 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I rarely go to the mall. But the boys and i were near one today, so we wakled through. We came upon a pet store and we immediately fell in LOVE. It's a Shi-poo, and it's supposed to be hypoallergenic - which is important since my eldest is highly allergic to dogs. So we're thinking it over...but she's sooooo cute!!

(sorry it's sideways, couldn't figure out how to adjust it)

Replies

• Knightquester
    April 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

It looks like a darker version of my friends dog.  Hers is all white and very tiny... they got it at three months old and I believe it's nearly a year now and still just a tiny small little fluffy thing.  They are cute, but for our house too small.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

awwww I want one, too!

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Awww! Get it! Ya know you want it, lol.

• blueyedbaker
    April 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    We had one,Daisy... she was a good dog but it took her over a year to get the house training, she would go outside for forever and then come in and pee on the floor it was crazy, and then about a month after she was house trained she was hit by a car. So sad. But she was a good girl she loved to play and be outside. I was told that she wouldn't shed but she did, little black hair every where!
  • Kat0038
    by Kat0038
    April 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I have a shih tzu I've had for 11 years. He is the best dog I ever had and as an ex vet tech I have had a lot. I probably will get another soon. They are so cute. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I would only want one if it wasn't a typical yipping little dog.

• No_Difference
    April 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

We love our doggie, Jack. He's a Coton de Tulear, and has "hair" instead of "fur" so he's considered hypo allergenic too, and "sheds" about as much as human hair falls out. Hubby is severely allergic to all animals, and is fine with Jack :).  He's a bit bigger than a shi-tzu size, he's more cocker spaniel size...at least mine is...but I was told he might be a giant for his breed... He's also really mello, laid back, and a great family dog. Down side...he is massively high maintenance on grooming if you want to keep the hair long :/.
    That dog is super cute too :)

• gratefulgal
    April 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Oh, that IS cute! Looks like your boys love the dog, too! :)

• Kat0038
    by Kat0038
    April 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

What  exactly is a "typical yapping little dog?" Do you mean an ankle biter or just a little dog that barks all the time? 

Quoting usmom3:

• KickButtMama
    April 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

That's the thing. I normally don't like little dogs because they can be yappers.  But little Cinnamon (as my boys named her) was very quiet - even in the loud store with lots of other yapping dogs.now we just have to convince my DH. 

Quoting usmom3:

Homeschooling Moms