by Mary Fischer
It certainly took long enough, but spring has finally arrived, much to the delight of moms everywhere! After months of being cooped up inside and longing for the temperatures to warm up, our wait is officially over, and now it's time to get outside and have some fun.
Even though the kids are still in school, we still have afternoons and weekends to look forward to, and there are plenty of fun things we can do with them that don't involve the TV, video games, or anything else that takes place in the confines of our homes.
And the best part is that getting some much needed fresh air doesn't have to put a strain on our wallets.
Here are 20 awesome outdoor activities to do you with your kids this spring that won't cost you one cent!
- Take a long walk around the neighborhood.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Fly a kite at the park.
- Hit the playground!
- Enjoy a picnic with the family.
- Explore local hiking trails.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Play outdoor hide and seek.
- Blow bubbles.
- Play hopscotch in the driveway.
- Literally stop and smell the flowers.
- Stare at the clouds and guess their shapes.
- Play a game of catch, or brush up on batting skills.
- Kick the soccer ball around.
- Play tag.
- Toss a Frisbee back and forth.
- Practice cartwheels in the yard just because you can.
- Grab the binoculars and see what kinds of birds you can spot.
- Play I-Spy
- Break out the hula-hoops and shimmy to your heart's content.
What are your favorite things to do in spring?
by OFIHApril 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM
We do a lot of adventure walks on our land, go to the zoo, and sit outside to do school work.