Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
I want to know what everyone is studying in April?
by mem82
March 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I'm thinking of doing some weather or maybe some plant units.

Replies

• Kat0038
    by Kat0038
    March 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    Gardening, farming, plants.
  • irvinehiker
    March 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Honestly I'm not sure where this month will take us.  

• KrissyKC
    March 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Currently?   Just surviving to finish this year.   It has not been as successful as I've wanted it to be.  

I want to keep plugging away at English and some of the fun writing things we have to work on.   I'm also considering hiring a retired English teacher I met at the park one day to tutor my kids in writing.   She gave me her number, so I have to call and see if she is still interested and what her time frame is like.  

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    March 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Starting Apologia Botany

Starting 5th grade math

Finishing up American History and U.S. Geography

Finishing reading our Little House books

Poetry writing unit

Finishing our composer studies

Starting flute lessons and continuing piano lessons

The last week of April is my daughter's "dance week.." There are daily practices and three performances.

• leighp1
    by leighp1
    April 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Photography, Geography, Grammar, Computer tech, and maybe some gardening.

• AutymsMommy
    April 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

We do not study in units, so we are largely studying the next things in our subjects. We've pared down for the rest of the year to just math, religion, and language arts (LA is her weak spot); reading The Giver together, saint stories and memory work (memorizing the Apostle's Creed), descriptive sentences, paragraphs, subjects and predicates, pre algebra (this is a spiral program, so we hit something new every day).

• OFIH
    by OFIH
    April 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

We don't use any type of unit studies. We are studying the Trail of Tears in history, our own family history (it's actually very cool, we are related to some neat people in history that we can discuss), and then continuing with our typical studies.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Oy! I hated that book! Lol so depressing

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We do not study in units, so we are largely studying the next things in our subjects. We've pared down for the rest of the year to just math, religion, and language arts (LA is her weak spot); reading The Giver together, saint stories and memory work (memorizing the Apostle's Creed), descriptive sentences, paragraphs, subjects and predicates, pre algebra (this is a spiral program, so we hit something new every day).

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    Oh, neat! Who are you related to in history?

Quoting OFIH:

We don't use any type of unit studies. We are studying the Trail of Tears in history, our own family history (it's actually very cool, we are related to some neat people in history that we can discuss), and then continuing with our typical studies.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    Photography! Fun

Quoting leighp1:

Photography, Geography, Grammar, Computer tech, and maybe some gardening.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN