Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Sebastian662
Do you need a College Degree to Homeschool?
March 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Hi I have been told that when the child is above Elementary school level that you must have a college degree is this true?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    March 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

That's awesome, knowledge really is power. Self doubt is normal, and i believe it can help us be better teachers. Just think of it like this - 

When we experience such doubts, we do more research, try different techniques, ask for assistance, etc. Whereas most PS teachers have all the confidence in the world, rarely experience doubt, and more often than not fall into a pattern of repetition (just think of how many teachers teach the same for decades). Maybe if they experienced some self doubt they'd improve too?

Quoting Sebastian662:

Thank you.

I just reviewed the Homeschool blogs suggested through this forum. 

My confidence is growing to make my case.

Knowledge is power.

Thanks again.

• kirbymom
    March 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

No No No No No No No No No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I have no college degree and I have a couple of kids that are in high school. As well as some other moms on here. :)  

• AutymsMommy
    March 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Nope. I believe a state (maybe Washington?) requires that, but not in most states.

• myownparadise
    March 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Here in Georgia, parents or the person a parent selects to do the homeschooling must have a HS diploma or GED. It is written into the law that way. You should just check into the state in which you reside.
  • irvinehiker
    March 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Goodness No!  I dropped out of college to start a family.  Many people are not fully educated on homeschooling.  I've had people tell me I need to be "certified" (whatever that means!).  One of the most importants tools to have is full knowledge of your state laws.  Most states have very reasonable laws.  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts