Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
QueenCreole313
What are your homeschool goals?
March 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM

What is of most importance to you and your family with regards to home education? Do you stress reading and writing, math and science, creativity and technology? I'm curious. 

Describe the type of human being you want your to child(ren) to be. 

Queen

Replies

• kirbymom
    March 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I love everyone's answers. 

Who wouldn't want the best of and for their children as they grow into adulthood?  

As long as my children understand who, what and why, they are, and become the very best they can be and know that everything in life brings it's own learning essentials and to be able to take from those life experiences all the knowledge that can be gleaned and are happy in their lives, then I am happy and that is all that I can ask of and from them. :)    

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    March 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I have three adult children and only homeschool my youngest and only daughter. I've learned a bit about how to parent and how not to parent. Now, I'm learning to be a grandparent. LOL My second grandchild was born last week.

My goals for my homeschooled daughter include for her to learn to live boldly, with character and fortitude. I want her to be firm in her faith and with the knowledge to back it up. She will probably be "weird" to most of her generation.

Academically, she will likely go to college, as her brothers  have done. To this end, I have plans to follow a college prep curriculum. I want her to be a well-rounded student, so although math and science will be a part of her curriculum, history, literature, fine arts will also be emphasized. She is showing a natural gift in writing, so I will make sure she hones that skill.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

all the goals are accomplished so i have none,

they are what i hoped and prayed they would be, during our schooling years, i tried to instill in them a love of learning, and learning from any one, and anything, to trust in the Lord, to always be kind, even to someone you dont care for, tell the truth(sometimes it hurts), consider others first, always ask for help when need to, stick up for others, finish what you start, what ever their own goals are in life to go for it!, help your neighbor,

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

congratulations on new grandbaby!!!

Quoting lucsch:

I have three adult children and only homeschool my youngest and only daughter. I've learned a bit about how to parent and how not to parent. Now, I'm learning to be a grandparent. LOL My second grandchild was born last week.

My goals for my homeschooled daughter include for her to learn to live boldly, with character and fortitude. I want her to be firm in her faith and with the knowledge to back it up. She will probably be "weird" to most of her generation.

Academically, she will likely go to college, as her brothers  have done. To this end, I have plans to follow a college prep curriculum. I want her to be a well-rounded student, so although math and science will be a part of her curriculum, history, literature, fine arts will also be emphasized. She is showing a natural gift in writing, so I will make sure she hones that skill.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts