Homeschooling Moms

mommytobooger
Good questions for book ckub. Help please...
March 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Okay so I am looking for questions to go with a homeschool book club I have started. All the children will be reading the same book, afterwards they will discuss but I thought it would be good for some general questions to hand out. This will also lead the children through the book club as far as discussing goes.
I have thought of questions like
What's the main idea?
Is there a villain? If so who/what?
Is there a hero?
Did you find a moral to the book?
What did you like about book?

But I'm stuck after those. Also the age group is 7 -11
I appreciate any help. Thank you!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    March 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

How do the characters change over the course of the story?  Is there a situation you would have handled differently? Which character do you connect with and why? 

• KickButtMama
    March 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Setting? 

Favorite plot twist?

if you were to rewrite this book what (if anything) would you do different?

you could also encourage the members to bring in a piece of fan fiction - like their own addition to a series or sequal.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

A lot of books have book club guides & questions on the authors/books website, so I would search each book & see if it has one & then your questions will be more specific to each book. I have even seen some that have crafts & recipes that went with the books.

• mommytobooger
    March 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    Thank you so much ladies. These are great! I never thought of adding a different ending or adding more to the book. Great ideas! And I will be looking up author questions now.
    Thanks again.
  • blueyedbaker
    March 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Check out http://www.bookadventure.com/Home.aspx

It has books listed for grade levels and kids can take a quiz about the books they read. I have a kids book club also and they go on there to do the quiz and I have a contest on the site for them too. It's a really neat site.

• mommytobooger
    March 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Oh awesome! Thank you!

Homeschooling Moms