Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mommytobooger
Good questions for book ckub. Help please...
March 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Okay so I am looking for questions to go with a homeschool book club I have started. All the children will be reading the same book, afterwards they will discuss but I thought it would be good for some general questions to hand out. This will also lead the children through the book club as far as discussing goes.
I have thought of questions like
What's the main idea?
Is there a villain? If so who/what?
Is there a hero?
Did you find a moral to the book?
What did you like about book?

But I'm stuck after those. Also the age group is 7 -11
I appreciate any help. Thank you!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    March 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

How do the characters change over the course of the story?  Is there a situation you would have handled differently? Which character do you connect with and why? 

• KickButtMama
    March 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Setting? 

Favorite plot twist?

if you were to rewrite this book what (if anything) would you do different?

you could also encourage the members to bring in a piece of fan fiction - like their own addition to a series or sequal.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

A lot of books have book club guides & questions on the authors/books website, so I would search each book & see if it has one & then your questions will be more specific to each book. I have even seen some that have crafts & recipes that went with the books.

• mommytobooger
    March 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    Thank you so much ladies. These are great! I never thought of adding a different ending or adding more to the book. Great ideas! And I will be looking up author questions now.
    Thanks again.
  • blueyedbaker
    March 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Check out http://www.bookadventure.com/Home.aspx

It has books listed for grade levels and kids can take a quiz about the books they read. I have a kids book club also and they go on there to do the quiz and I have a contest on the site for them too. It's a really neat site.

• mommytobooger
    March 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Oh awesome! Thank you!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN