Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
lucsch
"How'd you know that?" (piog)
by lucsch
March 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

So, my soon-to-be graduating public schooled son brought up a discussion last night about extinct animals. My homeschooled dd10 jumped into the conversation and listed some she knew and started talking about them. The surprise on her brother's face and his"How did you know that?" made me laugh.

What does he think we do all day?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM

That's funny!

• kirbymom
    March 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Hahahahahaha >>> That is priceless!  I love that! :)) 

• kirbymom
    March 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

My oldest daughter was seven when we had my husband's nephew come saty with us for awhile and one day there was a Geographic show on and they were talking about the largest land mammal and my nephew said it was such and such and my then 7 yr old daughter says to him (34 at the time) that it wasn't it was such and such and he just had to argue about it to the point that she just had to tell him that if he wanted to get tecehnical that the largest mammal in the world was a whale, he about spit out his drink as he didn't know that she could even conversate on this level of intelligence. He never again got into any kind of an arguement. lol  :)  

• RockEducation
    March 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM

That is funny!rolling on floor

• IntlMom12
    March 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Love it!

• bren_darlene
    March 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My daughter in law and son are home educating my 6 yr old grandson and are studying the American Revolution right now.  My DIL (public schooled) asked my son (home educated) about many people and events and she told me "He knew them all!  I didn't know hardly any!"  LOL    I was glad to know he had retained it :-)

• debramommyof4
    March 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

People are always amazed at my childrens animal knoweledge.  They are always watching animal documentaries and suprisingly looking up animals in the encyclopidia's.  It is suprising because they are 6 and 7.  Though my 4 and 2.5 year olds will sit and watch the documentaries also. 

My 4 year old is my only boy and when we went to Barnes and Noble he picked out a dinousar fact book.  Two days later we walked into the playroom and he had sorted his toy dinosaurs by carnivores and herbivores.  Though he just said meat eaters and plant eaters.  We talked about it.  He had all of them right.

• jeweldragons
    March 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM

LOL

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

LOL That's funny. 8) It's probably also a guy thing, too.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts