Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
klatshaw
naming your homeschool and making a logo
March 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I am just curious...I live in PA and don't have to do this, but I have named our hs and am in the process of having a logo made. Has anyone else done this? I was going to use the name/logo for correspondence sent to the public shcool at the end of the year for our evaluation, for i.d cards, and to have a shirt made for our son for when we go on field trips, etc. Plus I thought that it would be nice if, at the end of it all, his diploma had a school name on it, to make it feel more official. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• QueenCreole313
    March 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I live in DE. Its optional too but we named ours The King's Academy. My son chose the Red Fox as his mascot. Our motto is our family saying, Faith Family and Fun! I thought of making a logo but I'm not too creative. I may have it made. I do like the idea of having a name for transcripts and diplomas. Also, I thought of having Tshirts made for our field trips. I love this idea! 

• Mommyfish831
    March 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

We don't have to have a name for our "school" we just have to state that each child named is be educated from home and list our address.  I just thought it would be fun. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

We have a name to put on the diplomas & ID cards, but we don't have a logo or a mascot.

Our school name is OUR LAST NAME Autodidact Academy of Life

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM

good idea klats!

• Bluecalm
    March 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I need to come up with a name since I'm going to be a private school and I have no clue. Cute idea to have a logo and tshirt.

• kirbymom
    March 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I think your idea is wonderful! :)  

• rsrangel
    March 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM

We have a name just for fun - Beach Bum Academy, because our favorite place to be is the beach.  But I don't think I'd put that on their diplomas lol.  We are many many years away from that though! 

• lifesadream83
    March 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM

We had to name ours so we are "Learners Academy"  no logo yet though!

• klatshaw
    March 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

H.S. 421

Where love and learning come together

this is what I think our logo will be

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    March 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    We don't have to either but we did it for fun. I finally figured out our mascot and colors and have been working on a logo.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN